95 replies to this topic

#91 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• Member No: 45293
  • 2,012 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted April 30, 2018 - 07:17 PM

Hi SupplySergeant, its the devise in the pictures attached to the 3 pt the round tube is a hopper into which I pour the granular grub poison it goes into the ground and the granules drop down the tube into the bullet and are deposited in the ground then the grubs come along and chow down for a last supper. 

Thanks! Sounds effective, I may have to build one. Grubs are worse in my small pasture than the garden, but they sure don't help keep the horse fed!

• MNGB said thank you

#92 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 2,628 Thanks
  • 1,572 posts

Posted May 01, 2018 - 11:06 PM

Hi all, got a little more done on the Grub getter today its shaping up worked on adding a set of packer wheels then give it another test. Couple of pictures of a test run and of the packer wheels

HPIM2008.JPG HPIM2009.JPG HPIM2010.JPG HPIM2011.JPG HPIM2012.JPG

• Alc, KennyP, TomLGT195 and 3 others have said thanks

#93 greenb6901 OFFLINE  

greenb6901
  • Member No: 85456
  • 200 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted May 02, 2018 - 07:44 AM

Very nice job. Lots of skill you have there. Going to have to get busy myself on a few projects. Getting soft in my old age.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • propane1, MNGB and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#94 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 9,473 Thanks
  • 4,406 posts

Posted May 02, 2018 - 06:43 PM

MNGB, yes have those grubs that eat the potatoes. Lost 3/4 of my crop in one garden that I had potatoes in. Won’t plant them there any more. Gunna try a above ground crop there.
Skunks, raccoons and the worst is the crows that go after the grubs. Crows make an awful mess of the grass.

Nice grub getter you got there. Your idea or found the idea some where else.

Noel
  • MNGB said thank you

#95 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 2,628 Thanks
  • 1,572 posts

Posted May 02, 2018 - 07:01 PM

Hi Noel, kind of barrowed the idea from a machine we have around here called a gopher getter, was testing it this morning the packer wheels are not working as I had hoped so I took them off and made a trial run hit a rock pretty solid  I now know where the weak area is :smilewink:. Will move onto revision B1 in a couple of days first I have to play with todays new acquisition.

• KennyP, TomLGT195, SupplySergeant and 2 others have said thanks

#96 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 9,473 Thanks
  • 4,406 posts

Posted May 06, 2018 - 07:04 PM

Howdy, planted two 12’ rows of potato’s today. One row cobblers and the other superiors. Weather is sloooowly getting better. Lots more to plant yet. About 65 lbs of seed that have to be cut into sets, then planted. Hoping to get some done this week. Got the battery in the old sears lawn tractor today too. Started right up. Ready for grass cuttin, which will be this week too.

Noel
  • TomLGT195, SupplySergeant and MNGB have said thanks