• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 3,050 Thanks
  • 1,366 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 05:52 PM

I said it and I am doing it one at a time getting my Sears herd together. 

Starting with the old 68 Hydro that got a Subaru repower this tractor is ready! 

20171107_100133.jpg

Moving on to my newest addition to the fleet 73 Roper RT16-T. Never thought I was going to own an Onan powered sears but this one just kinda fell in my lap. The price was right and it needed an engine rebuild I put way more into it then I originally thought, but I feel it was worth it as it is now a prize possession of my fleet.

20180218_125319.jpg

My next one is my 1st one the one that got the ball rolling on the sears I started on it but stopped mid way to get the hydro above operating because my wife liked the hydro and wanted me to fix it up for her to use. This one is my 68 Manual I I painted it ford blue because I was not concerned about keeping it original I have always loved the deep blue. Never got around to painting the engine because I had plans to rebuild it and figured I would paint it at that time, so I kind of wanted it to stick out as a reminder. I have since canceled the plans on rebuilding the Tecumseh and plan on repowering it with a Kohler K301 , 12 hp is planty for my plow tractor and thats what this one will have on it all year round. 

20160307_131226.jpg  20171121_143215.jpg

I have already started to collect some Kohler parts and getting ready for my next rebuild.

20180220_171749.jpg

Now Its a sad moment because soon I will be parting ways with my lonely horse, this tractor is really awesome and I am thinking of keeping it but I really don't have room for 4 tractors or use for 4 tractors. If I can talk my wife into it I am going to keep it I have had a change of heart and have put to much work into this to sell it. I did tell her that if I got the Roper I would sell the horse, yes I like the roper more now , but I still love the horse. Summer time I only need 2 tractors so even makes matters worse I can't justify keeping it. 

20161212_135722 (1).jpg

20151015_175528.jpg

On a good note I bought another kohler K301 today so now I have 4 of them.... :wallbanging:

Oh shoot almost forgot about this one. 69 suburban manual

69.jpg

This one she don't know of I used the hood and grill for her tractor and still have the rolling chassis packed away out of sight I call it my parts tractor but its only missing a hood grill and and engine and I aaaah got a Kohler for that. 

I realize I am addicted and now going a little overboard.....yikes 

• Gtractor, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 9 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 41,525 Thanks
  • 47,427 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 06:25 PM

Might need the WH as a backup, just in case! Great herd!

• boyscout862, Leonard VanCamp and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#3 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 432 Thanks
  • 282 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 06:56 PM

John... I could think of worse things to be addicted to. I think its cool. Looks like fun no matter what the wife says!

Edited by 4getgto, February 20, 2018 - 06:57 PM.

• boyscout862 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#4 Texas Deere and Horse ONLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,901 Thanks
  • 15,518 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 07:00 PM

Great looking herd John. Can I expect to see any cranks coming my way to take to my engine machinist. Happy to if you need the work done.

Now it's time to buy/build another shed to put that horse into, you can never have too many toys to play with.

• boyscout862, John Arsenault and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#5 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 432 Thanks
  • 282 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 07:00 PM

RT16-T ? What's the T mean at the end ?
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#6 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 3,050 Thanks
  • 1,366 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 07:40 PM

RT16-T ? What's the T mean at the end ?

I honestly don't know , I got into these sears because they are perfect for what I need them for simple and fun and share the same attachments so it makes my work easy.. I learn more and more about these all the time and as soon as I think I am to par with things I see or hear about something different. 

One thing for sure is the T don't stand for low fuel consumption.

• boyscout862 and 4getgto have said thanks

#7 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• Member No: 78623
  • 2,910 Thanks
  • 1,617 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 07:49 PM

Nice group of tractors!  The Red Roper and Red Horse really standout!    Thanks for the pictures!  It's always fun to see what other people have!

• boyscout862 and John Arsenault have said thanks

#8 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 3,050 Thanks
  • 1,366 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 08:05 PM

Great looking herd John. Can I expect to see any cranks coming my way to take to my engine machinist. Happy to if you need the work done.

Now it's time to buy/build another shed to put that horse into, you can never have too many toys to play with.

Definitely if your willing to the Onan crank came out perfect! Glad to know you will be happy to help me again because I can see it coming. I started working on a shed, I have a load of stuff in my cottage, I have a 6 x 12 pop up shed packed with stuff (roof caved in on that this winter but the stuff inside is tarped up)  and then started a green house for my wife that is unfinished because we put all outdoors projects on hold up here in the winter, but its got tractors in it because I been using the garage all winter to fix cars and do my wood working.

Here is a ride around on the Roper today, the engine is all broke in I have put 3 tanks of gas though it changed the oil 4 or 5 times, rechecked the timing and compression and we are all good, I have a very small exhaust leak around the lead pipe and need to raise the max RMP to 3600 (currently at 3200) and it should be ready to move some snow next year. Oh and a comfy new seat! 

https://www.facebook...10332095650505/

Video above

• Texas Deere and Horse, boyscout862, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#9 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 13,693 Thanks
  • 9,476 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 05:58 AM

Very nice herd. Tell the wife that the one she likes is hers(and should not count against your count) and keep the WH. Each spring there are a bunch of the light weight tent garages that have partially collapsed. Most people are happy to have you take them away for free. Usually, part of the frame is salvageable. Put a couple together and make a cover from clear plastic for a greenhouse or put a tarp over for covered storage. I throw ropes over the tarps at the 1/4 points and weigh them down to prevent tearing in high winds. Good Luck, Rick

#10 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 8,339 Thanks
  • 5,820 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 08:13 AM

nice looking stable.

I've got 5 1/2 suburbans at the moment. only 1 runs, maybe I'll get the other 4 1/2 running someday LOL

My buddy has 25 or 30 of them and only missing a few factory attachments.

#11 Leonard VanCamp ONLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 684 Thanks
  • 482 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 09:17 PM

My uncle had two of those old suburbans, one was a SS12 and the other a 14, which he still has. I spent many of my adolescent years behind the steering wheel of the SS12 helping to mow the 7+ acres of land my grandmother owned. While I wont even glance at a new Sears machine, there is a soft spot in my heart for those old blue and white suburbans.