david bradley suburban

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elky OFFLINE  

• Member No: 89385
  • 17 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 01:04 PM

I have an early 60s David Bradley suburban round hood (don't know exactly, the tag is too worn). Does anyone know the dimensions of the small belt tensioner pulley that bolts to the frame? Mine is missing and I am trying to find a replacement. Also I need belt sizes, everywhere I look people say different sizes within a few inches. Thanks.

• chieffan said thank you

#2 jabelman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38843
  • 2,237 Thanks
  • 1,600 posts

Posted February 20, 2018 - 01:32 PM

I can look at my notes and tractor, I do remember what the manual said was not what I used for belt sizes and I have all the correct pullies and spacers, it's a fun and good looking tractor but it always seems like the sun moon and stars need to be aligned to keep it adjusted properly
  • boyscout862, chieffan and Elky have said thanks

#3 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 67204
  • 438 Thanks
  • 379 posts

Posted February 21, 2018 - 12:12 AM

I had a '65 and sold it last year. That 3 belt system was tough to work with but after getting all the belts right it did work. I had trouble with one of the belts from PIX being manufactured smaller than its advertised dimensions. I switched to gates belts at NAPA and that did the trick. I gave all the paperwork to the fella I sold the tractor to so I'm afraid I don't have anything handy for sizes. 

• Elky said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: david bradley, suburban