• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 119 Thanks
  • 133 posts

Posted February 18, 2018 - 05:22 PM

so im getting ready to do some major repairs on my 2414. i need to weld the front portion of the frame where that axle pivot goes though and i need to overhaul the brakes bad. first order of business is the brakes. i have new bushings coming for the pivot pin so in the mean time i can sort out the brake system. i know i need new liners (who brake housing off ebay may have to be the way to go) and i also need the pedal clevises. i have one that is so rotten you can see inside of it. i dont know how the linkage is still together. anyone find a local parts store that would have good replacements for the clevises? some of the online parts dealers want like 40 bucks a pop. and i didnt find any on ebay when i looked.  

#2 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,653 Thanks
  • 4,643 posts

Posted February 18, 2018 - 05:34 PM

Not sure what type of lining you need. I have excellent results here. https://www.mcmaster...lining/=1bmmxmd

I typed "clevis" in their search engine. https://www.mcmaster...evises/=1bmmyf8

Edited by larrybl, February 18, 2018 - 05:35 PM.

• boyscout862, Copperhead300 and MNGB have said thanks

#3 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 119 Thanks
  • 133 posts

Posted February 18, 2018 - 08:24 PM

wow this whole mmc website is amazing!
  • KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 41,454 Thanks
  • 47,383 posts

Posted February 19, 2018 - 05:14 AM

Lots of goodies there!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,848 Thanks
  • 8,035 posts

Posted February 19, 2018 - 06:51 PM

There is a Facebook group for PK collectors, find that, and find many guys tearing these down and parts for sale, not bad prices. I find many new items on ebay for PK, used also. You will have to get correct year parts, changes were made over all the PK systems as new ideas came up. There are a couple diff bands, mount diff and even the inner drums are diff diameters and mounting. Linkages, and some even cable run many diff routes on frames over ages. If you have serial number of tractor, can find year, then start looking at the manuals, some on here, for parts breakdowns and pictures.  Mission Manufacturing in Southern IN is the owner of PK rights and has parts. Sam Minder lll is on Facebook, and John Haines is there and on ebay all the time with items. Big tractor shows and swaps around Mid West anyway, always have many parts dealers for these rigs.