• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan O OFFLINE  

Dan O
  • Member No: 79593
  • 136 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted February 18, 2018 - 01:45 PM

This seems pretty cool idea to me, take an old two stage snowblower and make mounting attachments for the tractor, though it is more than I would want to spend to replace my snowcaster. I do wonder how you turn the shoot.

https://sheboygan.cr...6500472425.html

00Q0Q_eCtaBBRbynj_1200x900.jpg 00q0q_h0rfPXhtlLk_1200x900.jpg 00z0z_5DBLhDvJKRB_1200x900.jpg

For sale.

Custom built 2 stage Bolens snowblower.

Was built from a 1032 Ariens and made to fit on the Bolens tube frame tractors. Works very well. Shoots snow 30 feet.

Uses the standard Bolens pto drive.
No alterations are needed to use this, put the pins in, hook up the lever and blow snow.

Edited by Dan O, February 18, 2018 - 01:46 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,429 Thanks
  • 3,379 posts

Posted February 18, 2018 - 03:37 PM

This seems pretty cool idea to me, take an old two stage snowblower and make mounting attachments for the tractor, though it is more than I would want to spend to replace my snowcaster. I do wonder how you turn the shoot.

I would want to see it in action before purchasing it for two reasons.  Looking at the one picture it appears the PTO shaft from the PTO to the snowblower is on a bit of an angle - this could result in problems by putting extra side pressure on the front PTO bearing.  The other reason would be that if the fan is being driven at PTO speed the fan will be running too fast which will take a lot of power in heavy snow conditions.  I have a homemade two stage for my one 1050 and have found that a 12" fan should turn about 1/2 the PTO speed in order to have the proper impeller speed on a Tube Frame tractor.  

• propane1, Doug E. and Dan O have said thanks