#31 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

Because I’m young doesn’t mean I’m stupid

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 89554
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted February 22, 2018 - 03:59 PM

The belt tensioner should be spring loaded and apply constant pressure to the back of the drive belts - it should not change position when the clutch pedal is pressed.

The pins are probably not worn much if any - I believe they are made of a harder steel than the yoke.  I would not weld around them unless they are worn - you can try the pins at the ends of the slots to see how they fit as the end areas of the slot are not usually worn.  If you look at the attached pictures you can see in the first picture where the pin wore the slot area with years of the clutch being disengaged and engaged and in the second picture you can see how the slot should look after it is repaired.

Should the pins and clutch yoke have movement side wards?

#32 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted February 22, 2018 - 04:01 PM

I also have put a picture of the clutch in the other forum I created

#33 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,422 Thanks
  • 3,378 posts

Posted February 22, 2018 - 04:29 PM

Should the pins and clutch yoke have movement side wards?

The pins should be pressed into the bearing retainer and should not move in the retainer.  The clutch yokes should pivot on the right side on a bushing (#195 in the parts list) as the yokes have pressure applied on the left side by the clutch rod (item #63 in the parts list) and the slots in the yokes are necessary as the pins must be able to slide in the yoke slots as the clutch pedal is pressed down and the bearing slides back on the driveshaft to compress the spring and release the pulley so that it can rotate on the drive shaft as the driveshaft stops moving because of the rear of the clutch hub being forced against the friction material that is bonded to the brake plate.  The clutch yokes should be held together on the right side with a bolt that goes through the bushing and the bushing should be loose enough to rotate in the yoke support (# 196 in the parts list) but not have any excess slop - the bushing outside and the hole in the yoke support the bushing rotates in will probably have some wear as well if they are original.

Not sure what other forum you created - can you post a link?

• logmillingman and Sammoore13bolens1053 have said thanks

#34 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted February 22, 2018 - 04:50 PM

http://gardentractor...and-help/page-2

#35 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted February 24, 2018 - 09:42 AM

The pins should be pressed into the bearing retainer and should not move in the retainer.  The clutch yokes should pivot on the right side on a bushing (#195 in the parts list) as the yokes have pressure applied on the left side by the clutch rod (item #63 in the parts list) and the slots in the yokes are necessary as the pins must be able to slide in the yoke slots as the clutch pedal is pressed down and the bearing slides back on the driveshaft to compress the spring and release the pulley so that it can rotate on the drive shaft as the driveshaft stops moving because of the rear of the clutch hub being forced against the friction material that is bonded to the brake plate.  The clutch yokes should be held together on the right side with a bolt that goes through the bushing and the bushing should be loose enough to rotate in the yoke support (# 196 in the parts list) but not have any excess slop - the bushing outside and the hole in the yoke support the bushing rotates in will probably have some wear as well if they are original.

Ok so thanks guys, got it sorted, so it’s working. It was the belt tensioner having too much tension onto the belt so I slackened it and now it works. Next thing is the pot, don’t have the belt tensioner pulley thing, but will find a nother one in the scrapyard. Thanks guys

I also have put a picture of the clutch in the other forum I create

#36 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted March 03, 2018 - 11:59 AM

8 took the clutch yokes off today, and yesterday had lots of ware. Couldn’t do anything as the bolt wouldn’t come off so they were slack but not off, but the problem was the bolt for the shaft as the end of the clutch, wasn’t there I got one and it’s brilliant now, thanks Sam

#37 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted March 03, 2018 - 01:47 PM

8 took the clutch yokes off today, and yesterday had lots of ware. Couldn’t do anything as the bolt wouldn’t come off so they were slack but not off, but the problem was the bolt for the shaft as the end of the clutch, wasn’t there I got one and it’s brilliant now, thanks Sam

#38 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted March 03, 2018 - 01:48 PM

Got it sorted, was the bol5 to the shaft

#39 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,422 Thanks
  • 3,378 posts

Posted March 03, 2018 - 06:48 PM

Got it sorted, was the bol5 to the shaft

Glad you got it sorted but do have a question - what is "the bol5 to the shaft" ?

• Sammoore13bolens1053 said thank you

#40 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted March 04, 2018 - 09:11 AM

Glad you got it sorted but do have a question - what is "the bol5 to the shaft" ?

The one just after the clutch assy, it wasn’t there

#41 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 191 Thanks
  • 284 posts

Posted March 04, 2018 - 09:12 AM

The bolt I mean
  • 29 Chev said thank you