#31 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

Because I’m young doesn’t mean I’m stupid

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 89554
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 24, 2018 - 04:52 AM

Nice and tidy installation though Chris. Sam, can you post more pictures of the installation. I might have a dash assembly for you but it won't have the decals.

And if so what would the price be? Thanks

#32 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 24, 2018 - 09:43 AM

Nice and tidy installation though Chris. Sam, can you post more pictures of the installation. I might have a dash assembly for you but it won't have the decals.

Price?

#33 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 24, 2018 - 06:07 PM

Hi Sam - Welcome to GTTalk

If you want to check out this link to the Bolens "pinned" section it may help you with some information on the Bolens paint colours as it lists the Cordovan Metallic as a very close match for the brown that was used on the Bolens 1050's during the 1960's  - http://gardentractor...ns-paint-codes/

There is a pdf in the first post that you can open and look at to see some of the colours to give you an idea of what some of the colours look like.

A few members have had the Cordovan Metallic mixed at an Automotive Parts Store using the paint formula for the brown that some American Motors Passenger Cars were painted in 1965 - Mix Code of P12A - you can see a Bolens 1000 that was painted this colour in the pdf.  There is a thread of the refreshing process that member blackjackjakexxix did here - http://gardentractor...he-bolens-1000/

I am not sure if anyone has identified an exact match for the creamy white colour - Bolens changed the shade slightly on the white depending on what year the tractor was produced if memory serves me correctly.

If you do a post in the Bolens section on the site other Bolens members might be able to tell you what they have used for the white.

All the members enjoy seeing pictures of tractors so feel free to post them on the site in the appropriate section and the members here will try and help you as best they can.

The Bolens section is located here - http://gardentractor...-tractor-forum/

The John Deere section is located here - http://gardentractor...-tractor-forum/

Would any car paint be similar, are the bolens 1053 supposed to be painted all the same colour, minus the wheels?
Also what other models can parts be used on my tractor from the bolens line?

#34 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 24, 2018 - 06:11 PM

Would any car paint be similar, are the bolens 1053 supposed to be painted all the same colour, minus the wheels?
Also what other models can parts be used on my tractor from the bolens line?

Also anyone any idea what lights are used in the bolens 1053, I had the originals but they weren’t working put different chrome ones in and used them, thanks sam

#35 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,413 Thanks
  • 3,375 posts

Posted February 24, 2018 - 06:24 PM

If you look through this article about half way there is a picture of what a 1053 looked like originally.

http://gardentractor...s-1962-1978-r68

There may be a car paint that is similar - your best bet would probably be to find a part on your tractor that still has the original paint on it and take it to a local paint supplier and see if they can come close to matching the colour.

• logmillingman and Sammoore13bolens1053 have said thanks

#36 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 25, 2018 - 06:07 AM

Anyone ever seen the bolens 1053 cab-type enclosure?

#37 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 25, 2018 - 06:14 AM

If you look through this article about half way there is a picture of what a 1053 looked like originally.

http://gardentractor...s-1962-1978-r68

There may be a car paint that is similar - your best bet would probably be to find a part on your tractor that still has the original paint on it and take it to a local paint supplier and see if they can come close to matching the colour.

Ok thanks, have you ever seen of used a bolens cab? I would love one but they seem hard to find here

#38 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,413 Thanks
  • 3,375 posts

Posted February 25, 2018 - 09:46 AM

Ok thanks, have you ever seen of used a bolens cab? I would love one but they seem hard to find here

No I do not have one for the tube frames.  If you check out this manual located in the manuals section you might be able to make one out.  http://gardentractor...nyl-cab-manual/ 

#39 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 25, 2018 - 04:57 PM

No I do not have one for the tube frames.  If you check out this manual located in the manuals section you might be able to make one out.  http://gardentractor...nyl-cab-manual/

Ok, should the bolens 1053 be quicker in low gear or high eg, 1st is quicker http://gardentractor...erator-manual/o

#40 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,413 Thanks
  • 3,375 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 08:11 AM

Ok, should the bolens 1053 be quicker in low gear or high eg, 1st is quicker http://gardentractor...erator-manual/o

Not sure what you are asking.  In low range the speeds should be slower than in high range including reverse.  My experience is that third gear low range is the same as first gear high range if that is what you inquiring about.  Since your tractor does not have the correct engine in it someone may have used a different diameter pulley on the engine when it was repowered which would change how fast or slow your tractor goes in the various gears and ranges.   

#41 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 08:22 AM

Not sure what you are asking.  In low range the speeds should be slower than in high range including reverse.  My experience is that third gear low range is the same as first gear high range if that is what you inquiring about.  Since your tractor does not have the correct engine in it someone may have used a different diameter pulley on the engine when it was repowered which would change how fast or slow your tractor goes in the various gears and ranges.

Ok thanks, do you know if anyone has a bolens rear fender support pan, I need one for mine as the man modified it to hold the battery and fuel tank, do any model of bolens support pan work on the rear fender for a bolens 1053?

#42 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,413 Thanks
  • 3,375 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 09:40 AM

Ok thanks, do you know if anyone has a bolens rear fender support pan, I need one for mine as the man modified it to hold the battery and fuel tank, do any model of bolens support pan work on the rear fender for a bolens 1053?

Sorry I do not know if anyone has a rear fender support pan - shipping something like that from Canada or the United States to Ireland would probably be quite expensive.  If you check the parts list that I sent you a few days ago in a pm you can look up the part number of the fender pan and see if any other parts list for other models show the same part number - you may be able to adapt other rear fenders to fit or modify the one you have back to the original shape.  Where do you plan on putting the battery and the fuel tank if you do get the correct fender support pan?

• Sammoore13bolens1053 said thank you

#43 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 12:27 PM

Sorry I do not know if anyone has a rear fender support pan - shipping something like that from Canada or the United States to Ireland would probably be quite expensive.  If you check the parts list that I sent you a few days ago in a pm you can look up the part number of the fender pan and see if any other parts list for other models show the same part number - you may be able to adapt other rear fenders to fit or modify the one you have back to the original shape.  Where do you plan on putting the battery and the fuel tank if you do get the correct fender support pan?

Was planning on putting the battery in the support pan and the fuel tank from a lawnmower in the scrapyard

#44 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

• GTt Junior
  • 186 Thanks
  • 279 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 02:50 PM

I found in another forum there is a paint that is name Wimbledon white, would this be close to the white used in the bolens 1053? I searched it up and was used on old ford trucks?

#45 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,413 Thanks
  • 3,375 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 03:44 PM

I found in another forum there is a paint that is name Wimbledon white, would this be close to the white used in the bolens 1053? I searched it up and was used on old ford trucks?

I do not know if the Wimbledon White you found would be close - Wimbledon White can refer to several shades of white depending on who or what company named it.  I have seen car paints called one colour one year and the identical formula used the next year can have a different name.  As I stated in post #35 your best bet is to find a part on your tractor that is still the original colour and compare it to the paint available and decide if it is going to suit you as being a close enough match.  You may want to take some rubbing compound or other polish to the part with the original paint and give it a rub to remove any debris or dead paint pigment.  If you unbolt one of the foot rests you may find the part that was against the main support still has the original paint on it  - just a suggestion.

• Sammoore13bolens1053 said thank you