#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,602 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 12:49 PM

I was given a Jiffy model 30 Ice Auger that belonged to a great friend of ours who passed away. It needs a carb for it and of course they are no longer available. It is a diaphragm carb. ( carb number 476 7J1 ) There are repair kits but I believe one or more of the passages are blocked and I can't get them cleaned out. I am looking for a old carb from one of these. If anyone has one that they are going to scrap or are not going to use I would be willing to buy it so I can get this auger going. It has been a long time since I went ice fishing and now our son wants to go and at my age spudding holes is not an option. I have tried all the usual places for a carb but nothing so far. Thanks for looking have a good day.                                                                                                                                          Roger

#2 sharkman OFFLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 403 Thanks
  • 321 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 01:21 PM

there is one on ebay now, but it's kind of expense.  I bought a used one last year on ebay for $15 shipped

https://www.ebay.com...725.m3641.l6368

they are 2 stroke Tecumseh engines and have diagram fuel pumps instead of bowls to keep the fuel from spilling.  

I wonder if you could get away with a H30 4 stroke diagram carb, just wouldn't  have the integral air-vein governor.

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,602 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 03:47 PM

there is one on ebay now, but it's kind of expense.  I bought a used one last year on ebay for $15 shipped

https://www.ebay.com...725.m3641.l6368

they are 2 stroke Tecumseh engines and have diagram fuel pumps instead of bowls to keep the fuel from spilling.  

I wonder if you could get away with a H30 4 stroke diagram carb, just wouldn't  have the integral air-vein governor.

I don't think the 4 stroke carb would work. Just not sure about the passages and the oil for the 2 stroke. That carb is actually a decent price. It actually has the " air cup" on it which usually are always gone because they fall off or after the carb is rebuilt they are not put back on. Going to think about this for a bit. Might just be worth it. May have to make an off er to see if the guy will budge some. Thanks I appreciate the help.                                                               Roger