#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 4,251 Thanks
  • 2,456 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 12:43 AM

Well kind of a new trailer, I have a old home built stock trailer, I used it to haul some stuff around but it wasn't good for a whole lot beside moving around our cow. Well we sold off our cow about 4 years ago and the old trailer just isn't used anymore. I thought about selling it but figured I wouldn't be able to get anything out of it, I though about hauling it in for scrap because the old thing is super heavy (made of sucker rod) but I kinda hating to send it to the junk. I was talking to my brother about it and he said why not just cut the back of it off so I can fit a mower in it. Then he had the idea of cutting the whole top of it off to make it lighter (the trailer is a load to pull on it's own). So today I did just that! I was already loading scrap metal on my big trailer so now I have something to put all the loose pieces of scrap into.

Either way I got my self a new mower trailer, I'm going to replace the floor, clean up rest of the trailer and maybe give it a coat of paint one of these days. First on the list though is a tail gate that folds into a ramp.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180213_182522.jpg
  • 20180213_182544.jpg
  • 20180213_182631.jpg
  • 20180213_182715.jpg
  • 20180213_182651.jpg

• Alc, hamman, boyscout862 and 5 others have said thanks

#2 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 10,122 Thanks
  • 6,626 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 11:02 AM

I would go a step further and take it down to the top of the fenders.  No need for all that weight above fender height.  Can't reach anything over those high sides.  Other than that it should work.

• hamman and BTS have said thanks

#3 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,982 Thanks
  • 4,410 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 01:31 PM

Still looks heavy. Is it road worthy?

• BTS said thank you

#4 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 4,251 Thanks
  • 2,456 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 02:32 PM

Still looks heavy. Is it road worthy?

It should be roadworthy, it needs a tire fixed and a new hitch installed, the hitch on there is goofed up and hard to latch. I did pull the trailer around quite a bit (about once a week) but I never go very far. It's only 4 miles into town and that's as far as I need to go. A down fall of the trailer is it has a solid axle, but I'm not going to be pulling it very fast anyway.

#5 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 4,251 Thanks
  • 2,456 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 02:33 PM

I would go a step further and take it down to the top of the fenders.  No need for all that weight above fender height.  Can't reach anything over those high sides.  Other than that it should work.

I thought of that, but who knows what I might haul in it, the sides might be handy.