• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Franei OFFLINE  

Franei
  • Member No: 89515
  • 2 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 04:37 AM

I have a serious problem with the clutch-system on my tractor Husky 1254-01 6 speed. When i push my clutch pedal to declutch-position and further down to brake, the front flange connects with pulley and together turn around until the whole system is squeezed so that clutching and gearing are made impossible. I don't know if any other are familiar with this issue. What do I have to do to prevent this from happening? I need a new front flange because some of it is ripped apart. 

I look forward to hear from you!

Attached Thumbnails

• Clutch and brake system.JPG

• boyscout862 and logmillingman have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 13,558 Thanks
  • 9,432 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 07:30 AM

Welcome to GTT. You have a very good tractor, post more pics and tell us its history. I think that I understand your problem but I don't know the solution. I suspect that you need to disassemble, clean, and lubricate the clutch assembly. Then reassemble it and adjust it in the tractor. To help you, go into our Manuals Section(3 free downloads per day) and download the manuals that you need. I will find them for you and post them below. Good Luck, Rick

This is the closest Owners' Manual: http://gardentractor...ual-cleaned-up/

Parts Manual: http://gardentractor...bolens-1254-01/

Service(Shop) Manual: http://gardentractor...58-1858-attach/

Service Manual: http://gardentractor...58-1858-attach/

I do not know which of the Service Manuals are better so, I posted both for you. There are thousands of other manuals in our Manuals Section. Browse through but, you will be limited to 3 downloads per day.

Edited by boyscout862, February 13, 2018 - 07:44 AM.

• Alc, 29 Chev and logmillingman have said thanks

#3 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 864 Thanks
  • 416 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 08:28 AM

:welcometogttalk:  you can to the right place for help! Looks like boyscout862 is getting you going in the right direction, there will be more people checking in.

Good Luck with your repair!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,274 Thanks
  • 3,335 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 09:29 AM

Welcome to GTTalk.

Looking at the picture you posted there does not appear to be any clearance between the rear clutch flange that the release bearing is attached to and the brake plate. As stated there are adjustments that can be made and the specs are in the Service Manuals.  If you check out post # 122 of this thread on my 1053 ( should be the same clutch setup) it shows pictures of the positions of the various parts when the clutch pedal is released (first picture) and when the clutch pedal is pressed down (second picture).

http://gardentractor...-project/page-9

If you go back a few posts you can see pictures of the various pieces that make up the clutch.  As you press the clutch pedal down the rear clutch hub should slide back on the splines on the driveshaft and separate away from the friction material on the rear of the clutch pulley.  There are two needle bearings inside the clutch pulley that should allow the pulley to turn on a sleeve on the driveshaft so that the driveshaft stops turning.  As you continue to press down on the clutch pedal the rear hub should come in contact with the brake plate so that the driveshaft stops turning and at the same time there is a brake arm that should be contacting the brake drum on the front of the transmission to stop the output shaft of the transmission from turning (Pictures 3 and 4).  As stated there is an adjustment procedure in the manuals.  Sometimes if a tractor has sat for a period of time the rear hub will become partially seized on the splines on the driveshaft and it will not slide back away from the pulley or the pulley can become stuck to the friction material which will not allow the clutch to release.  With the engine shut off you can push down on the clutch pedal and gently insert a flat screwdriver between the friction discs that are glued to the pulley and the front and rear flange to get them to release if this is the case.  The owners manual suggest putting oil on the driveshaft splines and brake linkage movement points on a regular basis when you grease the tractor.  I would also suggest that you check the clutch linkage for points of wear and also check the condition of the release bearing and the front driveshaft support bearing for wear or being partially seized.

Hope this helps you with your problem.

Edited by 29 Chev, February 13, 2018 - 09:31 AM.

• Bolens 1000, boyscout862, Bolens800uk and 1 other said thanks

#5 DanielG OFFLINE  

DanielG
  • Member No: 89033
  • 86 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted February 13, 2018 - 04:56 PM

I am not familiar with your tractor or your problem but you are at the right place for help welcome to the forum 

good luck Danny 

• boyscout862 said thank you