• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 9,454 Thanks
  • 4,391 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 01:47 PM

I have an LGT 165 Ford. With a snowblower. It’s had about 1 hour use in the last two years not counting this year. Had trouble with it last year. So I fixed it up last summer into the fall. So I figured , it should work now, so I should put new windows in the cab. They have needing replacement for some time. So did some research and found material for the windows, thanks 29 Chev. So finally today was the day to get the Ford out and try out the repairs and New windows. Cold out today. So first outing this year. Was out about 10 minutes and broke down, which didn’t surprise me. Nothing to bad , just annoying. Chain came off auger for some reason, but the good news is, windows worked great. So l’ll fix the chain up some day. And try her again next winter, maybe.

So had to get the JD 140 H3 out to to the driveway. It work great. And no trouble with windows on it.
  • Gtractor, Alc, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#2 James Bosma OFFLINE  

James Bosma
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 76126
  • 1,478 Thanks
  • 729 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 02:04 PM

Sounds like my luck with the other Massey I have

every year seems to be something stupid happens to it

Next year it will have a rebuilt Kohler and going to redo the snowblower too

• boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#3 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,460 Thanks
  • 4,577 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 03:44 PM

I cross my fingers every year, kind of opposite here, I fix RED up over the winter, and hope for a trouble free mowing season. So far only had minor issues to deal with. 

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 13,552 Thanks
  • 9,427 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 03:51 PM

Fix it as soon as you can. Things just get worse with time. Good Luck, Rick

• KennyP, Bill 76 and propane1 have said thanks

#5 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 3,331 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 04:14 PM

Don't feel bad Noel - it happens to all of us.  I had the chain come off on my snow caster about 3 weeks ago - it didn't surprise me as it was the one that came with it when I bought the snow caster used about 10 years ago.  Shut the tractor down and put it back on and babied it through snow removal that morning and after that I replaced it with a new chain.  Had a few other technical glitches this winter that I have had to do "quick" repairs on and will address them in the spring if things stay working.  Funny how things very seldom break when they are just sitting.  Glad to hear that the new windows are working out - maybe you will have to make a soft cab for the John Deere.  :thumbs:

Edited by 29 Chev, February 08, 2018 - 04:15 PM.

#6 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 2,227 Thanks
  • 1,593 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 05:15 PM

that is why it is a good idea to have more than one garden tractor ready to go to work.

One with a snowblower with cab, One with a front blade( do not put the cab on this year, which I normally do).

got a second snowblower that I should put one the one that has the mower deck on,

Only had to use them for three snows so far this winter and now the biggest snow fall is going on now, weather people say that we should be going around 6".   No wet heavy snow so far, just the light snow.

I have been using the leave blower in front of the two garages and on the deck.

Hate shoveling snow when I got machines to help.

#7 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 5,177 Thanks
  • 2,255 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 06:48 PM

that is why it is a good idea to have more than one garden tractor ready to go to work.

In 2016 I had one tractor with blade.   Pushed snow that winter, and worked on the tractor.  In 2017 I had two tractors with blades.  Did not push any snow.

This winter I have a 48" snow blower on one tractor, a 36" snow blower on another tractor, and two with blades.  Again I haven't used any of them.     (Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself)       Rick

• olcowhand, lyall, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks