Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

How do I slow down the flow rate through the Hydro Lifting valve to the Hydro Clylinder

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 597 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 09:52 AM

Hi Guys, 29chev's post on building a hydro lift kit got me thinking about  the lift valves on my H14 and 1669L when I have plowed with both these tractors.

The lever is hard to control more so when you let the blade down, if you are not careful it just drops hard on the ground. And if you want to lower it gently you have to stop and really focus on how far you move the lever.

Is there a way to adjust the flow rate through the valve so you can just pull up or push down and the attachment moves slower so it doesn't bang on the ground all the time?

Also would be nice if the lever was located high on the dash so you don't have to reach so far down to grab it.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN5257.JPG

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,095 Thanks
  • 31,402 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 10:00 AM

On some equipment, they add orifices to slow the oil.  Go to a hydraulic shop and ask about them.  Take a hose or fitting off the cylinder you need to slow, and see if they can help you.

• logmillingman and secondtry have said thanks

#3 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,878 Thanks
  • 1,379 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 10:47 AM

On some equipment, they add orifices to slow the oil.  Go to a hydraulic shop and ask about them.  Take a hose or fitting off the cylinder you need to slow, and see if they can help you.

And when you get done with that please report back with your findings, it could prove to be very valuable information. I see from your picture that you apparently have power down or float. How much difference in speed is there between the two positions.  Thanks    Don

• logmillingman said thank you

#4 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • 597 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 11:03 AM

up or down is fast when the lever is moved all the way in either direction, would be nice if it had a detent in it so you could chose slow or fast.

#5 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 10,123 Thanks
  • 6,626 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Mine do the same thing.  I found it is the wear in the linkage that  causes the lack of control.  A lot of the wheel hay rakes have the orifice to let the wheels down slow.  On the JD 10 wheel rake I had the orifice was about 1/16".  I wanted it to drop faster and enlarged it to 1/8".  UG ! To much.  Put a cotter key in the orifice and it was just right.  The orifice goes in the cylinder and the hose adapter threads on to that, then your hose. Mine was a standard pipe thread.   Good luck.

#6 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • 597 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 11:31 AM

Thanks chieffan I will be going by the power equipment place where my 1669L is being put back together, they do hydraulic hoses and stuff there I will get with them. I'm guessing there is no adjustment in the valve itself?

Edited by logmillingman, February 08, 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#7 Corvairguy ONLINE  

Corvairguy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 89226
  • 90 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 11:31 AM

I had a similar problem with my H16. In my case it was very slow going up and too fast going down. The fix was simple: adjustment of the control valve in its slotted holes.

The screws weren't tight enough so the valve had slowly moved to the end of it's adjustment slots. Once it was moved back and tightened where you see it, lift was quick

and going down was easily managed.  I don't know if this fix will work for you but it did the trick for me.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF5324 w-arrows.jpg

#8 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,884 Thanks
  • 7,459 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 11:42 AM

You can buy one and adjust as needed , sorry I can't post the link. I would think you would want it between the cylinder and valve not between the pump and valve

Attached Thumbnails

• valve.gif

Edited by Alc, February 08, 2018 - 11:50 AM.

#9 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,884 Thanks
  • 7,459 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 04:57 PM

I was thinking if you only wanted it slow in the down stroke and full speed up there's a way to use the flow valve pictured with a check valve to let oil by-pass around . You would just need a few more fittings and check valve .