22 replies to this topic

#16 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,884 Thanks
  • 6,363 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 07:48 PM

What difference does it make to open a knife with your thumb or two hands? Sounds like the prevents a lot of knife violence....
  • Greasy6020 said thank you

#17 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 4,643 Thanks
  • 2,616 posts

Posted February 09, 2018 - 12:57 AM

Here in the US you can't have any switchblades or any other fast opening knives because they can be used as a weapon. So instead they made it legal to carry a assault riffle on your back or carry a concealed hand gun that no one knows you have. :thumbs:

• Jazz and Greasy6020 have said thanks

#18 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 10,884 Thanks
  • 6,363 posts

Posted February 09, 2018 - 06:56 PM

Edited by toomanytoys84, February 09, 2018 - 06:57 PM.

#19 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 930 Thanks
  • 436 posts

Posted February 09, 2018 - 07:19 PM

I carry a "Razor Knife" almost identical to the one in the link below. I use it to cut a lot of cardboard at work so the replaceable blades it a HUGE plus for me but when I pull it out of my pocket, my fingers automatically grip the top of the blade frame and I literally flip it open with a flick of my wrist............might as well be a switchblade.......lol

https://www.homedepo...21113/100020658

• Alc, oldedeeres and Greasy6020 have said thanks

#20 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 942 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 11:37 AM

Here in the US you can't have any switchblades or any other fast opening knives because they can be used as a weapon. So instead they made it legal to carry a assault riffle on your back or carry a concealed hand gun that no one knows you have. :thumbs:

All states do not allow open carry. They are semiauto rifle and not assault rifles. Most require a training session before you can get a CCL as a couple allow constitutional carry.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#21 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 11,268 Thanks
  • 6,072 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 12:14 PM

Really makes you wonder, doesn't it?  I guess they can be imported in bulk from China, the U.S. or Timbucktu  and sold here for a profit, but a person can't buy one elsewhere and bring it individually across the border.  As usual, the $$ and who makes them determine what is or is not legal.  

Reminds me of our Niagara falls vacation some 30 years ago.  Back when my wife & I were young we took the boys and stayed up @ hotel on Clifton hill..  The boys loved Maple Leaf Village and all the sights (they were ~9-12 YO back then)..  Needless to say all the parks & sight-seeing depleted my wallet so I went back to the US to hit up an ATM for more $$$.  

I went across into the US no problem but when I came back into Canada the shortness of my trip must have rose red flags as I was instructed to pull over to the inspection area..  I was told to exit my car and a team of border agents went through my car looking for drugs or contraband..  Two of them under the hood, two inside the car and two of them in the trunk..  So there I stood giving the supervisor my ID and answering questions when one of the agents yells-  I got a knife!!  Stuff got real in a hurry..  So I got grilled about why I brought a weapon across the border and for what reason I had a knife in my car?  I then saw the knife the agent and it was a razor knife (box cutter) I used @ work that must have at some point fell out of my pocket and was under the front seat. 

So the supervisor grilled me more-  WHY do you have one of these??  I told him I worked in a warehouse and it must have slipped out of my pocket sometime.  I didn't even know it was there..  I then told the super why the short trip across the border was for and that my wife and kids were in a motel waiting for me to come back!!   I gotta get back to get them at least please?

Then the supervisor calmed down and said OK, you can enter the country..  But we are confiscating the knife..  Get in your car & drive safe..

Whew!!

• Alc, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#22 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 4,643 Thanks
  • 2,616 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 03:40 PM

All states do not allow open carry. They are semiauto rifle and not assault rifles. Most require a training session before you can get a CCL as a couple allow constitutional carry

It's all about same when you install a bump stalk. Any idiot here can carry a concealed gun and believe me they do. No license or training needed.

#23 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 10,884 Thanks
  • 6,363 posts

Posted February 11, 2018 - 08:23 PM

It's all about same when you install a bump stalk. Any idiot here can carry a concealed gun and believe me they do. No license or training needed.

You'll be safe in New Zealand. Don't worry.

Prior to Vegas people didn't even know what a bump stock was and probably still don't even understand how it works.

Same thing can be done with a piece of string and a semi auto rifle with an exposed bolt handle.