• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Red OFFLINE  

Red
  • Member No: 64681
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 06:44 PM

Was at a local equipment dealer today and saw a commercial 10 with snow blower and bush hog that has been in a barn for a number of years and not running.  It has some lite surface rust but nothing bad.  I usually am looking for wheel horses and have never worked on any gravelys so i was wondering how bad are they  to bring back to life?  Figuring tires, fluids, battery, oil seals, grease, and tune up but wondered how big of a project it usually is to bring one back without breaking the bank.  I would love to bring it home but don't have the time for another major project.   They wouldn't name a price and seemed to just want it gone.   Any advice would be appreciated. 

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,849 Thanks
  • 9,171 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 08:07 PM

Check the Manuals Section for info. There seems to be quite a few Gravellys coming up in the passed year. Good Luck, Rick

#3 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,435 Thanks
  • 3,123 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 10:30 PM

if they truly just want it gone that means cheap. pick it up and maybe you can make some cash off of it?

#4 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 684 Thanks
  • 787 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 04:54 PM

Those old walkbehinds are pretty rugged.  I have a Com 12 I have used for years with little problems.  The worst thing I had happen to it was the high/low planetary wore out, not a bad job to change but could have been spendy.  Those planetaries are 5 hundy+ new, sourced one off ebay from a newer model, replaced the orbit gear bushings and it's been fine ever since.  Everything is gears, bearings, and bushings running in oil.