Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Someone has a 47" snowblower model M01471X ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MacWorld OFFLINE  

MacWorld

• Member No: 1195
  • 31 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 10:40 AM

I am restoring a M01471X and there is a modification that was done by the previous owner that I need to revert, he had converted the chute rotation and he cut the "vertical" bracket where the hydraulic cylinder attaches to the blower. It's easy to fix BUT can someone give me a measurement for the location of the center of the bolt hole? The hole I am talking about is the one at the right of the hydraulic cylinder, right under the hydraulic hose fitting on the cylinder. The hole is for the bolt #10 in the part schema. Tell me what you are measuring from, you might measure from the right of the bracket (I guess the measurement would be something around 3-4") and/or the side of the snowblower.

Also, in the housing at top of the auger there is an angle part (M147777), part #16 in the part schema, what size of angle is it made from? 1.5"x1.5"x1/8"? You might guess I don't have this part and it's really easy to make.

Thank you for your help!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0032 (Large).JPG
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 10.36.01.png

#2 MacWorld OFFLINE  

MacWorld

• 31 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 10:00 PM

I just realized, I would also need the "height" of the hole, how far is it from the top of the housing!

#3 Leonard VanCamp OFFLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 513 Thanks
  • 392 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 10:19 PM

Looks like somebody did the 270 degree chute mod, it's so you can throw snow towards the back of the tractor, good for tight areas. The standard rotation is only 180 degrees. Other then that I can't really help you out, I have a 49 blower which works on the older 120, 140 and 300 series tractors.

#4 MacWorld OFFLINE  

MacWorld

• 31 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 08:21 AM

In fact the modification that was done was to replace the chute rotation with a hydraulic motor and a set of huge gears. The mod was poorly done and was quite a dangerous setup, may be the previous owner was doing heavy work or something else I don't know (I bought it from someone that rescued a 430 from a scrapyard and he didn't needed the snowblower). In my case the original mechanism will work properly for my needs and obviously I will do the 270° modification!

Worst case if nobody can measure on their blower I'll have to guess the locations by extrapolating with how the mechanism should work.