Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone familiar with international shipping?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,782 Thanks
  • 906 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hi all ; if anyone does international shipping who do you use? im up her in canada not far from the usa boarder. i went to our post office to see about mailing my daughter glasses for school as she is studing in Anguilla, a small island off St Martin. our post office said 10 to 14 days and $75.00.  I have seen some people on this site ship big heavy stuff for that but i am not familar with your mail / shipping who would you use? i can drive to niagara falls usa in 30 min and could mail / ship from there. thanks for the help and info john

• Jazz said thank you

#2 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,231 Thanks
  • 1,596 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 08:34 AM

for international I use ups only from a shipping store, the postal service the rates were to inconsistent from quotes to actual.
It makes zero sense the rates I recently purchased a model airplane from the Netherlands to the us the shipping was 4 dollars?
  • boyscout862, HANKG and old coot have said thanks

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,987 Thanks
  • 18,140 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 03:48 PM

I use USPS for all my international customers

If the item wont fit in one of the flat rate envelopes your generally going to pay $60-$80 for a box

• olcowhand said thank you

#4 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 1,757 Thanks
  • 1,666 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 07:15 PM

I used to sell on eBay a bit....Most of the time I found that I could ship something from Canada to the US cheaper than I could ship something to here in Canada. Never understood that one. 

#5 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,393 Thanks
  • 1,441 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 01:22 AM

Hi all ; if anyone does international shipping who do you use? im up her in canada not far from the usa boarder. i went to our post office to see about mailing my daughter glasses for school as she is studing in Anguilla, a small island off St Martin. our post office said 10 to 14 days and $75.00. I have seen some people on this site ship big heavy stuff for that but i am not familar with your mail / shipping who would you use? i can drive to niagara falls usa in 30 min and could mail / ship from there. thanks for the help and info john

It’s February, You should deliver in person
Possibly get quote from Purolator or other international courier

Edited by Jazz, February 08, 2018 - 01:40 AM.

#6 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,902 Thanks
  • 1,387 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 02:25 AM

I would have my daughter investigate it on her end. I would think a school on a small island would be largely dependent on foreign students and would want to help with such problems. Don 

#7 4tom OFFLINE  

4tom
  • Member No: 73635
  • 155 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 10:18 AM

Is St martin a us territory like St Croix? IF so, and your close our north border, cross that line and ship without issues. I always want a tracking number for anything important.