Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Dimensions For Rear Bracket For Mounting Lift Cylinder For Gear Drive Tube Frame Bolens Tractors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 8,660 Thanks
  • 2,852 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 02:35 PM

WrenchinOnIt was kind enough to take pictures and post sizes of the rear bracket he used as a pattern to make a new one for fellow member SgtMoonracer that is shown in this thread.  

http://gardentractor...ulic-lift-help/

Took the liberty of doing up a drawing in pdf format that shows the sizes and hole locations if anyone wants a copy.  The Hydraulic Lifts show up for sale at times but are sometimes missing pieces as was the case in the above link or someone might want to make there own lift and find this document a handy reference to fabricate a rear bracket to work with a small hydraulic cylinder.  While I think I have the dimensions listed correctly this document is provided as is - use at your own risk.    

• LPBolens, KennyP, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 600 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 03:21 PM

Nicely done Stew, this will come in handy in the future.

• boyscout862 and 29 Chev have said thanks

#3 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,660 Thanks
  • 2,852 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 04:02 PM

Here is a pdf page that combines the pictures and sizes that were posted by WrenchinOnIt in the same thread for the control rod.

Attached Files

• LPBolens, KennyP and logmillingman have said thanks

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,328 Thanks
  • 45,913 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 04:40 PM

Might want to upload them to the appropriate manuals section, also. Files in the threads have a way of disappearing.

• 29 Chev and logmillingman have said thanks

#5 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 600 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 06:01 PM

I know where one of these hydraulic lift units is at I am going to pay the man a visit.

#6 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,660 Thanks
  • 2,852 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 09:08 PM

Put together a pdf document that contains pictures I found on the site in various post of the Hydraulic Lift Kit installed on various tube frame tractors as well as some other information (pulley diameter, taking apart the cylinder instructions, etc.).  As suggested by KennyP I have posted it in the Bolens Manuals section here -

http://gardentractor...nd-information/    

Attached is just the pdf of the pictures and information document that I created (4 pages).  The one in the manuals section has six pages as it has the bracket and rod information pages added to it.

This information may help someone in the future as a reference guide if they purchase a kit and find out they are missing pieces, someone who is thinking of purchasing one and wants to make sure it is complete or is not sure how to mount it on a tractor.

• KennyP and Austen have said thanks