• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 04:14 PM

Caseguy and I decided to go to the Ashtabula show yesterday. We had a fantastic time and met a LOT of people, handed out a bunch of GTT cards. I had a self serve area for people on a great corner that was near my parents exhibit, so they could watch it while Steve and I were out meeting the people.

We were kinda pulling double duty, handing out cards to anyone interested and telling anyone local about the next Years FCVAEC show featuring GT's.

My Mom said she coulda sold my Sears 4 or 5 times, and there were a bunch of people asking about the site. If I can go next year, I will park up closer to the engine row, but I got a bunch of people walking by that hadn't gone up to the other ends of the grounds. The engines and GTs are furthest from the parking area, so maybe I caught a few that wouldn't have made it up there.

Saw a bunch of stuff at the flea market that I wanted, walked away from a SS12 that needed a little too much TLC for the money. Found out they sold it for what I offered them. Grrr.

Picked up a plow (different thread) and some MF parts. Caseguy got some stuff that facilitated a second trip today.

It was a fantastic day talking about GTs with new and old Friends. GTT members DougT, Sparky, Caseguy, myself, and a few others (been there a couple of times, have to go back soon) enjoyed a perfect day in the sun.

Pics in the Gallery HERE

Posted Image

Edited by MH81, July 04, 2011 - 05:05 PM.

• Bill56 said thank you

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 04:48 PM

Good turnout, I like picture number 42 of that Springfield. A friend of mine was at Ashtabula last year ans got that pic too lol.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 05:07 PM

Caseguy uploaded his pics to the gallery too (Thanks Steve). Now there are 271 pictures in there.

Oh, and one is an electric Springfield I think. Longhorn emblem on the grill, maybe early TORO?

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 05:52 PM

A longhorn is a Toro emblem, yes. And you swear you saw an Electric Springfield?? (I'm going to the gallery!)

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 06:10 PM

It's a smaller one, but still cute & cool

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 07:47 PM

I found it, pic number 87 and it is cool.... it is a TORO but same as the Springfield, just later. I have a Springfield version I was going to convert to electric (Jared has the right 5 HP Briggs for it though) but now I dunno if I will or not, hard to say, depends what I think when I get to that point, but I would just use a S/G if I did decide to do it, keep it cheap lol.

#7 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 09:02 PM

Looks like a great show! Thanks for sharing all the photos