• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 717 Thanks
  • 811 posts

Posted March 07, 2018 - 02:11 PM

I have both, the front end loader and a snow blade.

The blade's nice for grading or moving snow. It angles side to side and moves up and down. (Only goes up about 12")

The loader on the other hand will go up over your head but, you can't push snow at an angle.

On the up side, if you get a lot of snow, you can move it with a loader.

The neighbor with the 2305 has built a blade setup for the loader with an old jeep plow and has hyd angle, a real sweet setup.  My original concern was cost, add additional hyds for the loader mounted blade or just go the stand alone blade route, I believe I can add the 3rd valve on the loader and with a bit of steel and some sweat equity build the same setup for considerably less than a new dedicated blade since I already have a 6' jeep plow.  So I think I have resolved snow removal?

Still thinking on the mid mount mower, although this seems like a no brainer it isn't.  I'm not certain I want to be mowing with a sub compact, I use to mow with the compact tractor when we first acquired the property but with a 3pth finish mower and the current tractor, the setup was to long and less than nimble and I spent a lot of time trimming, and found that rolling a heavy machine weekly over the lawn left compaction "trails" which were very noticeable when making the 90 degree mowing pattern change, I still get these with a dedicated light lawn mower but no where near as noticeable as with the bigger machine.

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 41,519 Thanks
  • 47,427 posts

Posted March 07, 2018 - 04:51 PM

Couldn't you use the valve for the bucket curl to swing the blade?

• js5020 said thank you

#18 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 717 Thanks
  • 811 posts

Posted March 07, 2018 - 05:14 PM

Couldn't you use the valve for the bucket curl to swing the blade?

Hmmm, I don't think you can?  I never looked into the details or asked the neighbor how he has it working, which I will now need to do

#19 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 717 Thanks
  • 811 posts

Posted June 19, 2018 - 09:46 PM

Well I can bring this thread to a conclusion.  After much consideration, discussion and test driving I finally decided on and purchased the Kubota BX23S.

Edited by js5020, June 19, 2018 - 09:54 PM.

• Sammoore13bolens1053 said thank you

#20 Sammoore13bolens1053 ONLINE  

Sammoore13bolens1053

Because I’m young doesn’t mean I’m stupid

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 89554
  • 204 Thanks
  • 290 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Well I can bring this thread to a conclusion.  After much consideration, discussion and test driving I finally decided on and purchased the Kubota BX23S.

Congrats, I love the Deere’s, but I say that the kubota being Japanese would have won me over too

#21 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 717 Thanks
  • 811 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 PM

Last new machine was a JD and it was tough to not buy one this time but I liked the Kubota better.