• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pacer ONLINE  

pacer
  • Member No: 39185
  • 15 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 09:17 PM

Am closing in on getting my 1650 re-assembled after a pretty extensive refresh, I found it sitting in the weeds for the last 10-15 yrs for $150, and it has 3 point and PTO!

So I was getting the preliminary wiring done and realized there wasnt a switch for the lights!! Pretty quickly discovered the lights were switched thru the ignition switch -- is/was this common with the MF/Snapper tractors?

This is my first MF, I've been a Wheel Horse fan for years and was always impressed with the 'beefiness' of them, but danged if this 1650 isnt one impressively built tractor -- I'm well pleased with it.

• limebuzz said thank you

#2 James Bosma ONLINE  

James Bosma
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 76126
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 657 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 10:57 PM

Yes it is common on the Massey's to have the lights operated by the ignition switch

Switch is still available at the dealer but they are pricey

MF14, MF16, MF1450, MF1650 all use same ignition switch

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 WHX14 OFFLINE  

WHX14
  • Member No: 89419
  • 31 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 09:23 AM

Hey Pacer just found this site myself and a WH fan ... same screen name on RS. Just took possession of a 1855A and come to find more info on it.

Yes the headlights are run by the first click of the switch, then run and start. Check out the manuals section here for downloads they have some nice stuff in case you haven't already done so.

Finding out there are some knowledgeable and friendly fellas here!

• limebuzz and James Bosma have said thanks