#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 06:06 PM

I used this tractor fo many years at my Aunts farm to rake hay with.My Uncle rebuilt the motor and it was hardly used after that.Once he passed away she kept on with the farm,that was my second job helping her out.I finally bought it from her 10 yrs ago and fixed it up a bit before painting it and putting new decals on it.The battery box was completely rusted out so I made a new one out of 1/8" plate.Made it to the same specs as the original.They where 6 volt neg,grd.I converted it to 12 volt with a chev
alternator for charging.The original seat was totally rusted away so had this one laying around that I put onto it.The tires where loaded as well and the rims rusted pretty bad.What I eneded up doing was cutting out the rusted areas and shaped and formed some 1/8" plate to fill in where I had cut out the rust.Once done you couldn't even tell that the rims had been rebuilt,hint took lots of time and work to rebuild the rims.I kept it for a few years and used it to cut a bit of hay with and rake and pull a hay rack etc: I eventually sold it as I had no more use for a small tractor like that,plus I needed the room.I never left it outside after it was painted just took it out drove it around the yard and that was it so it had to go.I didn't take to many pictures of it just one while I was in the process of stripping the paint and one of it completed.At the time of the engine rebuild the parts where still available from the Internationl dealer.The year of this tractor i'am not sure of,but I can tell you that It didn't have a water pump,it was just a gravity flow.So it always showed hot on the temp gauge .It also had a venician blind thing right in front of the Rad behind the grill that you were able to open and close by pulling or pushing on a lever that was right beside the battery box.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Int.A before (Sma.jpg
  • Int.A after (Smal.jpg

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 06:24 PM

Larry,that turned out really nice.Great job.:thumbs::good_job:

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 06:54 PM

I agree, you did a great job Larry. :thumbs:

#4 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 09:58 PM

:ditto: I hope the Cub I'm working on turns out like yours.

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:17 AM

Awesome job on that Tractor!:dancingbanana: