5 replies to this topic

#1 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4377
  • 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 12:22 PM

Ive only seen these pictures... not running but owner said it ran the last time he ran it. Said if he gets it running it will be $500 otherwise selling for $300. He turned down offers that were under $200 (so he says). Tractor needs tires and has 15 inch rear rims. He said he took it to a tractor show and won the slow race and used it at home to pull things.

I told him I would consider paying $300 but since then I have zoomed in on the photos and the hydraulic levers are gone. I suspect this one had 3ph and rear pto.... and someone stripped everything including the hydraulic valves!

What would you offer? The owner is 20 or so .... just out of high school

..... I have a 1450 with 3ph and no deck and a kid blew the Kohler in a pulling contest. I would like to have a supersized gt here but I'm not paying $300 for that. I see working tractors with decks for $600

Whats it worth ... and will the 1450 hydraulics and 3pt swap over easily from the 1450?

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Edited by MF14 plowday special, July 03, 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 12:47 PM

If the engine is gotten to run & run well, with no issues, it alone is worth almost the asking. If the 2 tractors have the same make hydro, then all the hydraulics will be a direct swap.

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 02:10 PM

Looks like somebody already made this into a parts machine. Wouldnt do $200. Maybe $150. If you can get the engine running good its worth $300-400

#4 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4377
  • 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 02:43 PM

Looks like somebody already made this into a parts machine. Wouldnt do $200. Maybe $150. If you can get the engine running good its worth $300-400

Yes I am thinking like you .... before I pay too much .... I will hold onto my money and for a little more something a lot better will come along.

Also when someone says its worth $200 more if running then I'm wondering whey he doesn't take a little time to get it running . This is a young kid and he needs money. Of course .... its not worth $300 as is and it not worth $500 running either when I can flip over to Pittsburgh Craigslist and buy a running one with deck and reasonable tires with correct wheels for $650.

I appraise it at a little over scrap value. He rejected a $165 offer. It has been listed for several weeks.

#5 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 03:08 PM

It would be a nice machine. But, unless you have another parts machine you will have 1/2 + 0 = 0

And for $650 you can buy a 1650/1450 like you said. Are you looking for a good mowing and plowing machine?

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 04:24 PM

If the engine is gotten to run & run well, with no issues, it alone is worth almost the asking. If the 2 tractors have the same make hydro, then all the hydraulics will be a direct swap.

Just to clarify, this was if the SELLER got it running, not the buyer.