#1 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 10:27 AM

i sold this one last fall to a friend who now uses it around his cottage for yard clean up and mowing. when i picked it up i figured it would be a parts machine, but after fixing a few of the 'big' problems it ended up being a good little tractor. it's ugly and rusty but looks are deceiving. it runs very good. the 6.5hp (8hp block and 1" crank) makes a good amount of power for it's size and doesn't burn any noticable oil, although when we had the head off to fix a stripped plug hole, the cylinder was pretty glazed but smooth. and the piston had a slight amount of play, but the engine doesn't knock or smoke and pulls nicely. usually starts on the 1st or 2nd pull.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

no plans on making it pretty, gord sort of likes the old and rusty look for it. it can sit on the side of the yard and nobody would figure it runs.:say_what: let alone how good it runs.
besides, if it was pretty, he'd feel bad about getting a scratch or ding on it.:blush2:

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hey, that looks good. Couple of us here have MotoMowers and I happen to have one in pieces I was restoring. Great little tractors, glad you found your way to GTTalk.

#3 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:45 AM

thanx!

#4 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:36 PM

Hi Steve,

Good to hear you got the mower mounted.

It's not rust - it's patina. ;)

#5 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:11 AM

cool little tractors. my brother and i had twin moto-mowers when we were kids. that was 25 years ago, he still has his.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 05:52 AM

They do look like neat little tractors. I think the rust adds a touch of class :D

#7 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted July 06, 2011 - 09:05 AM

HEY MOTOBREEDER!:beerchug: yeah the mower is mounted and works not to badly. not the best of cuts but for a cottage lawn, what the heck:smile1: it pulls the small trailer around without complaining pretty good. it hasn't missed a beat since we made it run, only thing he did to it was replace the fuel tank as the original was a little rusty. it ended up with a tecumseh tank from a snow blower, it fits well and he doesn't have gas leaking all over a hot engine. just looks funny under the hood is all.:blush2: