#16 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 7,310 Thanks
  • 6,393 posts

Posted January 26, 2018 - 10:30 PM

Does that hydraulic system have a pressure relief valve? If so it my be sticking or set too high.

• coxhaus said thank you

#17 Beef OFFLINE  

Beef
  • Member No: 89116
  • 45 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted January 27, 2018 - 11:22 AM

I worked in the Can Making industry for 42 yrs and used a lot of those belt.  There very strong and will work well. 

• coxhaus said thank you

#18 coxhaus OFFLINE  

coxhaus
  • Member No: 88903
  • 136 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted January 27, 2018 - 11:28 AM

Can anybody lift their Power King tractor with the onboard hydraulics? Are they strong enough?  Sounds like the link belt should take the load.  Maybe I need to tighten up my link belt again since the link belt slips trying to lift the rear end of my PK 2414. I have no problem lifting 200 pounds with the hydraulics.

Sure would be nice to change a rear tire just by lifting the PK2414 tractor using the hydraulics on the tractor.

Edited by coxhaus, January 27, 2018 - 11:32 AM.

• olcowhand and Cvans have said thanks

#19 todapuckett OFFLINE  

todapuckett
  • Member No: 83303
  • 23 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted January 28, 2018 - 01:07 PM

I can lift mine with the hydraulics, but keep in mind it will settle pretty quickly when the pump is off so make sure you have a stand under it before you pull the tire.  What size link belt did you use?  I need to order one

• coxhaus said thank you

#20 coxhaus OFFLINE  

coxhaus
  • 136 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted January 28, 2018 - 01:33 PM

My link came from a Harbor Freight store a few miles away.  It was the only one they have.  They are in the power tool section.  It does not seemed to be marked but I would guess 1/2 inch.  They stretch a lot with the power of the tractor.  

What size is your tractor which you lift? Do you have any weight on it?  My 24 inch wheels are full, probably calcium chloride.  I may be exceeding the capacity of the pump to lift my rear end.  Were you setting on the tractor when you tried to lift it?

#21 todapuckett OFFLINE  

todapuckett
  • Member No: 83303
  • 23 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted January 28, 2018 - 01:52 PM

Mine is a 2414, the only weight is me and I think some fluid in the wheels.  I don't know how high I can lift it, but I get the rear wheels off the ground when I get too confident with my scraping skills.  

I will run by Harbor Freight this week and pick up a link belt

• coxhaus said thank you

#22 shaeff OFFLINE  

shaeff
  • Member No: 89051
  • 72 Thanks
  • 48 posts

Posted January 29, 2018 - 02:14 PM

The split link belts are 1/2". I got mine off of Amazon, Grizzly brand I believe. Mine are 1/2"x4' length.

• todapuckett and coxhaus have said thanks

#23 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,816 Thanks
  • 8,014 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 08:00 PM

Just to make sure here.....You ARE using the tensioning set-up to snug belt and not just forcing it over the edge of pulley???? I would have taken the tension nut setting, run it all the way up on the bolt to drop down the pump, fit the belt to THAT size, then tighten tensioner up to snug from there. Don't over-do the tightness either. I WOULD think one would need to adjust again after some running, as the sections pull longer and stretch the materal also. I'm not understanding why there is such problems still, makes me wonder just what kind of work you were doing in the process you see.

• MNGB and coxhaus have said thanks

#24 coxhaus OFFLINE  

coxhaus
  • 136 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 11:38 PM

I started with the nut all the way up both times.  The link belt stretches a lot.  I am going to run it for a while and let it stretch some more before I pull another link.  It raises my box blade now with no problem.  The only thing it won't do is raise the tractor rear end with the box blade on and down.  The belt slips.

• olcowhand said thank you

#25 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 1,575 posts

Posted February 01, 2018 - 02:08 PM

Hi in 1982 they started putting a spring between the adjusting nut and the bellhousing to keep constant tension on the belt, I changed my 1976 model to that but had to fabricate a longer adjusting bolt witch is no big deal,

Attached File  1982 improvements.pdf   259.11KB   15 downloads

• Alc and coxhaus have said thanks