Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for August 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#46 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:33 PM

That Was Interesting.........awkward but interesting.

#47 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 06:58 PM

I was going to sit this out since there are some really nice machines in contention, but what the heck I'll throw one in again this month.

I am nominating my 1970 Cub Cadet 107 hydrastatic. This was originally purchased new by the aunt of a good friend of mine from the IH dealer Coopers Hardware in Turbotville Pa . She used it to mow grass on a 1/4 acre property in Milton Pa. Eventually she had to leave the property and my friend bought it from her and used it on his own property until I purchased it from him in 2004. Up until I purchased it grass cutting was its only job in life. Besides having the engine overhauled around 2000 and normal maintenance there have been no other repairs to it in its 41 years of use.

Since I have purchased it I have put it to use year around. It runs my QA36 snowthrower in the winter. It mows the lawn every week at my mother in laws and does some custom mowing every other week. I also use it at plowdays and have run it in parades as well. I also have a model #1 IH tiller that I use on it as its Hydrostat. Besides recently putting tractor style front tires on it and having put ag's on the rear it is 100% original condition. It actually still has the foil dealer tags on each side of the dash pedestal yet from when it was new and I have a keychain I keep on it as well that has the dealer name on it who has since gone out of business.
DSCN1405.JPG
DSCN1404.JPG
DSCN1341.JPG

#48 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 09:19 PM

We now have 12 nominees if I counted right. We only need 3 more to fill the field..

#49 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 11:52 PM

Lots of survivors it looks, gonna be a good vote, it really is anybody's game this time!

#50 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted July 06, 2011 - 06:14 PM

Lots of survivors it looks, gonna be a good vote, it really is anybody's game this time!

Yes I agree, and I'm not voting for mine this month. I allready know the one I'm voting for cause I think its really cool.

#51 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,586 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 06, 2011 - 06:31 PM

Well I'm going to nominate my 1970 MF10 that I had for a short while, it is the best original tractor I ever owned. This one was well taken care of and I don't think it was used much.
Original paint, seat with no rips, no cracks in nose ring, minimal cracks in plastic dash, good tires, front tires with hardly any wear. This was a bare bones tractor no rear lift or lights.
Tractor came with mower deck, snow blower and 1 set of tire chains. Engine was smoking a bit when cold and had a knock in it, front axle pivot point worn and sloppy, welded the frame up with new bolt, no more play. I sold this a few months after I got it, kinda wish now I kept it.
Pictures speak for them self's.
Posted Image
mf10 011.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• mf10 015.jpg
  • mf10 004.jpg
  • mf10 014.jpg
  • mf10 005.jpg
  • mf10 012.jpg

Edited by DH1, July 06, 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#52 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 08, 2011 - 04:36 PM

Nice group of tractors guys.

#53 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 08:22 PM

I am going to get the nominations thread started either tonight or tomorrow morning. :D

#54 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 08:23 PM

George, Enter your BushHog. It's a great original tractor...

#55 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 09:11 PM

George, Enter your BushHog. It's a great original tractor...

YES GEORGE! We demand you nominate it, or we will!

#56 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 10:05 PM

We are nominating George's "NUTNDUN" Bush Hog D4-7 for this months contest. George won't do it himself, So Daniel and I decided to handle it ourselves.

From what we can tell (with exception of someone adding the handle on the fender), it's all original and in very nice shape.

This is George's story;

george03.jpg
Posted Image Bush Hog D4-7 is home with it's brother.

We won the auction on the Bush Hog D4-7 on eBay the other day. The nice thing is it wasn't too far out of the way on our way home to pick it up. I setup with the seller that we would be past his place sometime after 5pm on Saturday.

We ended up getting there right around 6:30pm and talked for a little bit and gave the seller one of the site's cards. I also told him about the Dover show and he said he is going to try and attend. The Bush Hog D4-7 was definitely in as good of shape as his pictures showed. The only thing really missing is the battery and the pto clutch and handle. There is a handle that is mounted on the right fender and I don't think it was factory but I could be wrong. He did have the parts from the original clutch which actually looked to be in great shape so I don't know why they would have replaced it.

I also need to replace the tires. The turf tires on the back are a mismatch and the one front tire is completely bald. I think I am going to put the narrow tri ribs on the front and the ag tires on the back like I did with the D4-10.

There was also a universal pto joint, I am not sure what it might power though. Oh and it is missing the bottom seat cushion which won't be a big deal to reproduce. I haven't tried firing it up yet as I would like to redo the wiring on it. I don't think the voltage regulator is wired right and before anything gets fried I want to make sure it is right. I can't believe the differences between the D4-7 and the D4-10. I think the D4-10 is around a '63 and the D4-7 is either a '68 or a '69. We also got the original owners manual which has seen it's better days. I will get it scanned and put it on the site sometime in the near future.

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• george01.jpg
  • george04.jpg
  • DSC_0047.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, July 10, 2011 - 08:39 AM.

#57 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 11:06 PM

Great nomination on that hog guys :D

#58 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 12:09 AM

Well I’ll put my 1951 Bolens Ridemaster up for this month.

PICT0019(1).jpg

I won this Ridemaster off ebay about a year ago for a little over $400 Came with a disk, cultivator, home made snow blade, and the hard to find front lift. Went 4 hours one way to the nothern part of ohio to bring her home. As soon as I got home she was unloaded I put the rope around the starting pully, pulled the rope and she started right up and I jumped on and had a ride. It come down to about 2 weeks later I need to move her out of the way and she would not start, pull after pull she would still not start so I finlly pushed her out of the way and went on to what I was doing.

That was last summer and with all the other stuff going on I have yet to get her to run. I do know it has no spark and it is most likely the mag, my nice 1952 Ridemaster had the same problem so it should be not hard to fix. In the next comeing weeks I will be getting the tractors ready for next month tractor show and she will be one of them that will be taken up there this year so I hope by then she will be running so I can drive her around and show her off.

PICT0009(2).jpg
The 1951 is on the right along side the 1952 Ridemaster.

Jerome

#59 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 08:40 AM

Thread has been closed and the voting has begun. If you would like to vote you can do so by visiting this thread: http://gardentractor...st-2011-a-7596/

We had a full 15 nominations this month :D