Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for August 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#31 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4377
  • 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:26 PM

Steve, I think you have a great candidate with the W.H. Commando 6. I don't see any issues with it.

Maybe George should send in an expert to confirm the parts numbers are OEM:bigrofl:

Edited by MF14 plowday special, July 04, 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#32 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:33 PM

Steve, I would consider your Commando to be a "survivor". It is not restored in any way.

Yes its a survivor .... survived several transplant surgeries:bigrofl:

#33 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:43 PM

George ... maybe next time tractor of the month could be restricted to revived parts tractors:bigrofl:

#34 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:47 PM

OK Casey.... excuse me for:poke:

You salvaged another vintage tractor .... and thats good

#35 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• Member No: 1763
  • 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:53 PM

I would like to nominate my 1970 Massey Ferguson MF7 Electric Start

I got this in december right after cristmas on craigslist for $250. I was really surprized when i got to the guy's place because the origanal paint looked way better in person than in the craigslist pictures. When i got home i found the snowblower to have been barely used and the deck to be in great shape. it even has all the origanal belts! But at one time someone replaced the seat and also put a different muffler on it.

The origanal H70 tecumseh has been gone through, and i mostly use it for pulling around a dump cart in the summer and it runs and drives great! I'm even going to pick up a set of origanal wheel weights for it tomorrow!

stoneman 034.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• stuff 018.jpg

#36 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 01:05 PM

Guess I won't enter my Massey 8 .... reason: its been trumpted

Wow Stoneman is that nice !

#37 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2702
  • 26 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:27 PM

This is my montgomery wards 15 HP hydrostatic drive. I have owned it for just a few months. But I have seen this tractor for over two years parked under a neighbors pole barn. When it went up for sale I jumped on it.

It has taken some time to get going, although it did not need much. A carb rebuild and a new piece on the steering linkage a battery and alot of PB blaster. It has been up and running now for three whole days. This tractor has spent its whole life on the same street.

The near future will see a new set of rubber, a new set of headlights, working on the purchase of those from another member. As for implements it came with a 42 inch deck and a rototiller. I plan on using both of those alot. I also picked up some old sears stuff a single bottomplow, a front mount blade and a sears manual 3 point lift. All of which will be put to use on the wards.

My son and I have really enjoyed working on our garden tractor. Today it had my yard trailer hooked to it. Hauled off an old trash compactor out of the kitchen. Brought some wood out for our fire pit for todays bbq. Pretty much the wards has been on party duty helping get ready for tonight.

TOM3.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• TOM.jpg
  • TOM2.jpg
  • TOM4.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, July 04, 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#38 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,663 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:34 PM

OK Casey.... excuse me for:poke:

You salvaged another vintage tractor .... and thats good

The Toro ain't salvaged, I was gloating what the parts on it I like are!

#39 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,033 Thanks
  • 30,448 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:37 PM

If I emailex pictures of my tractor to someone to attach them to a reply I cant seem to get my laptop to work properly. Pm me please.

PM sent Rusty!
  • RustyTub said thank you

#40 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,663 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:56 PM

If I emailex pictures of my tractor to someone to attach them to a reply I cant seem to get my laptop to work properly. Pm me please.

Totally missed that and I read over it twice.. Don't worry, Daniel will get you all fixed up, otherwise if I had read it correctly I would have gladly helped you out.

#41 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,033 Thanks
  • 30,448 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 06:45 PM

Maybe George should send in an expert to confirm the parts numbers are OEM:bigrofl:

Yes its a survivor .... survived several transplant surgeries:bigrofl:

George ... maybe next time tractor of the month could be restricted to revived parts tractors:bigrofl:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but we take this a little more seriously. Nothing is perfect, but we're running this contest the best we know how & to try to allow as much as possible.

#42 Texas Deere and Horse ONLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,594 Thanks
  • 15,426 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 06:47 PM

I agree Daniel, I think GT talk does a great job trying to make this a fair and competitive contest.

#43 MF14 plowday special OFFLINE  

MF14 plowday special

Tractorholic

• 33 Thanks
  • 255 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:04 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but we take this a little more seriously. Nothing is perfect, but we're running this contest the best we know how & to try to allow as much as possible.

My apologies .... I am in the chatroom with these guys a lot since I recently joined here and we toss some friendly insults back and forth for the fun of it.... I did realize this could be taken the wrong way..... in this forum.... and so I did make a serious post afterwards ..... appreciating his efforts to salvage this tractor.... which I intended to do anyway.

.... My posts were only intended to tease

.... sorry for this mishap ... I will think a little more before posting in the future.

#44 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,663 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:08 PM

My apologies .... I am in the chatroom with these guys a lot since I recently joined here and we toss some friendly insults back and forth for the fun of it.... I did realize this could be taken the wrong way..... in this forum.... and so I did make a serious post afterwards ..... appreciating his efforts to salvage this tractor.... which I intended to do anyway.

.... sorry for this mishap ... I will think a little more before posting in the future.

Easy to get carried away, that's why there is a chat room, because the chat regulars understand you more than the regular poster. Only reason is contact time, you get to know more about people by talking more real time, in a more unrestricted environment.

#45 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 38,033 Thanks
  • 30,448 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:12 PM

I was hoping that was the case, thanks for the explanation. :thumbs:
  • Meangreen and DanO have said thanks