• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 868 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 10:01 AM

Chieffan what was it that made you interested in collecting QT tractors, from what I have read they were a step up from the XL medium frame series. 

Stephen

#17 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 11,408 Thanks
  • 7,137 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 12:51 PM

First one I got was in with 4 Snapper rear engine and one Monkey Ward rider mowers.  I thought it was a XL when I picked it up but was real dirty, weed covered and 90° outside.  After I started one it I figured out it was a QT and a lot heavier built than the XL, but ended up having a bad rear end.  So been looking for another as a doner or make a runner and use my first for parts.  This one had the Thrower with push frame, deck and a blade with it.  Engine was supposed to have been running ( which it was).  I have three of the XL series, one is a hydro.  Not sure I am going to be looking for any more as once I get this one up and running it will do the heavier work for me.  About out of room anyway so after getting a couple more running might be a good time to back off.  Heard that before ? ?

• logmillingman and Corvairguy have said thanks

#18 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 868 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 05:16 PM

Yes I keep telling my wife I am going to stop I have all the tractors I need, but then something happens. She got me a tick removal tweezers that the forestry guys use the other day, I wonder if they make Bolens Bug removal tweezers. 

Chieffan what parts of the tractor is heavier duty. Is it tires, engine, rear end, steering, frame? Every once and a while  one comes up on CL around here in New England haven't seen any lately.  

What work are you planning for the QT tractor?

Edited by logmillingman, January 31, 2018 - 05:36 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#19 oldjeeper OFFLINE  

oldjeeper
  • Member No: 88778
  • 57 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted March 19, 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hi I looked at a QT 16 today had a blower on it & a very large I believe 55 in. mower in the garage. runs very nice .i was wondering how the mower deck fits under the tractor? It looks as if its too big but its all there & the guy said it worked very well. seems tight & not rusted.....opinion.? I I hhave a pic on email bt can't seem to put  it up ..thanks DON>