• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 611 Thanks
  • 324 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 10:01 AM

Chieffan what was it that made you interested in collecting QT tractors, from what I have read they were a step up from the XL medium frame series. 

Stephen

#17 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 10,201 Thanks
  • 6,662 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 12:51 PM

First one I got was in with 4 Snapper rear engine and one Monkey Ward rider mowers.  I thought it was a XL when I picked it up but was real dirty, weed covered and 90° outside.  After I started one it I figured out it was a QT and a lot heavier built than the XL, but ended up having a bad rear end.  So been looking for another as a doner or make a runner and use my first for parts.  This one had the Thrower with push frame, deck and a blade with it.  Engine was supposed to have been running ( which it was).  I have three of the XL series, one is a hydro.  Not sure I am going to be looking for any more as once I get this one up and running it will do the heavier work for me.  About out of room anyway so after getting a couple more running might be a good time to back off.  Heard that before ? ?

• logmillingman and Corvairguy have said thanks

#18 logmillingman ONLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 611 Thanks
  • 324 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 05:16 PM

Yes I keep telling my wife I am going to stop I have all the tractors I need, but then something happens. She got me a tick removal tweezers that the forestry guys use the other day, I wonder if they make Bolens Bug removal tweezers. 

Chieffan what parts of the tractor is heavier duty. Is it tires, engine, rear end, steering, frame? Every once and a while  one comes up on CL around here in New England haven't seen any lately.  

What work are you planning for the QT tractor?

Edited by logmillingman, January 31, 2018 - 05:36 PM.

• KennyP said thank you