• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Standard Tractor Guy OFFLINE  

Standard Tractor Guy
  • Member No: 89264
  • 4 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted January 08, 2018 - 10:50 PM

I am working a a Tillotson M-15A carburetor for a very early standard twin. It has a Serial number 34C2. I have good reason to believe that it is the second production Standard Twin to come out of the factory. I want to keep the tractor as original as possible. I have the Tillotson M-15A carburetor all apart and it is not looking good. I do not know if I can salvage it. The problem is I do not know where to find parts. I went on Tillotson's website and I can only find parts and manuals for side draft carburetors and carburetors for 2-cycle engines not the early updraft carburetors. I am thinking about just buying a working Tillotson M-15A carburetor because I don't even know if I can save the one I have. I am having problems just finding parts for one let alone a whole carburetor.

Any Help?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5766.JPG

• Vrdaddy said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,861 Thanks
  • 9,174 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 12:06 AM

Welcome to GTT.  You should check with our sponsors. I have been impressed with what they can dig up. You can also try Epay. Another possibility is if you have a local carburator shop. My local carb guy is incredible what he pulls out of his old barn. You can check our Manuals Section for more info(3 free downloads per day). Good Luck, Rick

• Vrdaddy and Standard Tractor Guy have said thanks

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,886 Thanks
  • 7,461 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 06:31 AM

Welcome to GTTalk !  There are a lot of members here with knowledge of the Standards and many have Twins . Possibly one might have what you need or where to get it   

• boyscout862, Vrdaddy and Standard Tractor Guy have said thanks

#4 DanielG OFFLINE  

DanielG
  • Member No: 89033
  • 68 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 08:03 AM

welcome to the forum Iam new here my self and just learing been going to tractor show's in our area for several year's and there are always spare part's for anything and every thing if you don't find anything by spring you might find it at the tractor show's good luck welcome 

• boyscout862, Vrdaddy and Standard Tractor Guy have said thanks

#5 Vrdaddy OFFLINE  

Vrdaddy
  • Member No: 86662
  • 73 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 08:13 AM

welcome, i have a continental engine with a tillotson MT25A CARB. that i found a rebuild kit on ebay, also i was sent a catalog from cushman (the old moped manufacture) they have new tillotson carbs. availiable. 

• Alc, boyscout862 and Standard Tractor Guy have said thanks