• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Beef OFFLINE  

Beef
  • Member No: 89116
  • 45 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 11:16 AM

Hey anyone have a Mighty Mite Tractor? Frazer Farm equipment.

#17 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 7,110 Thanks
  • 5,075 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hey anyone have a Mighty Mite Tractor? Frazer Farm equipment.

The Mighty Mite was made by Jacques Power saw co and used Briggs engines. They sold frames to Frazer and they used their 2 stroke engines on them. I believe they called them Jacques-Frazer.

• Beef said thank you

#18 earthgrinder ONLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 04:54 PM

I have a list of 10 to 15 people who have at least one.  I have 4 on my webpage.

#19 Beef OFFLINE  

Beef
  • Member No: 89116
  • 45 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 10:50 AM

The Mighty Mite was made by Jacques Power saw co and used Briggs engines. They sold frames to Frazer and they used their 2 stroke engines on them. I believe they called them Jacques-Frazer.

I believe from the pictures i have seen they use the same engine as the Roto Tillers

#20 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 7,110 Thanks
  • 5,075 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 12:01 PM

I believe from the pictures i have seen they use the same engine as the Roto Tillers

the Jacques fraziers do. they also had an extra 2 spd gear box. The mighty mite used a Briggs ZZ.

#21 earthgrinder ONLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 06:35 PM

The only difference between the tiller engine and the Jaques-Frazer engine is the magneto that is required.  J-F needs a counter clockwise rotating mag.

#22 Benzman OFFLINE  

Benzman
  • Member No: 89911
  • 12 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted April 07, 2018 - 02:00 PM

When I left home in 1977, it was the last I saw of Gramp's 1946 Frazer.  He tilled 2 acres of garden with the ol’ girl every summer for 20 years.  Every spring, I remember sitting at the kitchen table with him, ordering new springs and tines for it from the catalog.  Recently, I became enamored and haunted by the memories of it and him using it.  So my search began.  I couldn't remember what it was called.  All I knew is it was yellow, was two stroke and had spring tines and went "ka-lang!" when starting it. But, I guess that was enough, because after some exhaustive Internet and YouTube searches, I was able to identify it.  I even created a saved search on eBay, just so I could look at the ones that popped up from time to time.  Then, one showed up for the right price on eBay about a week ago and now, after 45 years, I now have one of my own.  Gramps would be proud and would likely also say, it’s about time.

And that’s where my story begins, as does the restoration.  It’s in pretty good shape and has likely been in storage for 10 years or more.  It is a B1-6, and was originally delivered (according to a note on the literature) on May 5, 1947.  Over the next few months, I’ll be ordering parts from www.frazerrototillerparts.com and restoring my first B1-6.  My plan is to get it running, till the garden this year with it and then do a full restoration over the next winter.

• earthgrinder, Alc, B10Dave and 1 other said thanks

#23 earthgrinder ONLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted April 08, 2018 - 08:24 PM

1977, the year I got my first B1-6 and I did what you plan on doing.  Used it one summer then refurbished and painted it.  Then used it 10 or so years working up and cultivating the garden.

• Benzman said thank you