• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nzacher OFFLINE  

Nzacher
  • Member No: 89138
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 02:13 PM

Anybody know of an aftermarket fuel tank for the b-10?
Thanks
  • hamman said thank you

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,577 Thanks
  • 9,053 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 02:33 PM

Are you talking about an Allis Chalmers B-10? I grab those tanks from swap meets because they are usually rotted out because of the raincatcher gas cap. Some radiator repair shops will fix them. Good Luck, Rick
  • hamman said thank you

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 6,361 Thanks
  • 2,838 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 04:54 PM

Are you talking about an Allis Chalmers B-10? I grab those tanks from swap meets because they are usually rotted out because of the raincatcher gas cap. Some radiator repair shops will fix them. Good Luck, Rick

I have helped a couple of guys fix their metal tanks by cleaning and brazing or soldering the holes and then using a two step product called Kreem. It is one we used on our sons Honda 4 wheeler when the tank rusted out. It has held for aprox 8 years so far. I got mine at a small engine shop. As long as the holes are not huge you can fix them. It takes time but it can be done. If they are large holes patches can be cut and welded over or welded in place. Be careful that the tank is dry and has been acid washed with vinegar or a mild acid. Just my experience. Good luck.                                                                                                    Roger

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 5,177 Thanks
  • 2,237 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 09:03 PM

A buddy took a torch to the top of a 55 gallon drum....and there was a little gasoline in the bottom. Well, the drum took off like a giant bottle rocket and wanted to go higher than the shop ceiling. It left a nice circular impression and partially broke through the 1/4" plywood on the ceiling. I wasn't there at the time, but I heard it was loud and black smoke blew out the shop doors. Luckily nobody was hurt, physically.
  • hamman and KennyP have said thanks

#5 tractorskipper OFFLINE  

tractorskipper
  • Member No: 25019
  • 410 Thanks
  • 281 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 10:58 PM

A buddy took a torch to the top of a 55 gallon drum....and there was a little gasoline in the bottom. Well, the drum took off like a giant bottle rocket and wanted to go higher than the shop ceiling. It left a nice circular impression and partially broke through the 1/4" plywood on the ceiling. I wasn't there at the time, but I heard it was loud and black smoke blew out the shop doors. Luckily nobody was hurt, physically.

Just need some laundry done I would guess!

• hamman, KennyP and classic have said thanks

#6 DanielG OFFLINE  

DanielG
  • Member No: 89033
  • 56 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted January 06, 2018 - 05:56 PM

I have used a product called red seal on rusty tanks you just have to get the gas resido and the loose rust out pour it in the tank coat the inside and extra that you pour out save to use again . got one tank I coated about 5 yrs ago and it's still good 

#7 DanielG OFFLINE  

DanielG
  • Member No: 89033
  • 56 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted January 07, 2018 - 09:10 AM

didn't know vinigar would work on cleaning a gas tank I can use it on the JB Hunter thanks hamman