34 replies to this topic

#16 James Bosma ONLINE  

James Bosma
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 76126
  • 1,466 Thanks
  • 724 posts

Posted January 01, 2018 - 10:48 AM

. Couldn't help but notice ........ how on 2 of your pics, the gas can ain't far behind. She must love her fuel !

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, but they sure love their gas !  :rolling: 

Happy New Year

• Vrdaddy said thank you

#17 Joker on Jack OFFLINE  

Joker on Jack
  • Member No: 89202
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 01, 2018 - 06:14 PM

I use both a phone and a laptop. I don't even see a quote button when on the phone, and on the pc that's when it just jumps to the bottom of the page when I hit quote.

#18 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 805 posts

Posted January 01, 2018 - 06:44 PM

I use both a phone and a laptop. I don't even see a quote button when on the phone, and on the pc that's when it just jumps to the bottom of the page when I hit quote.

I'm on a droid, i tap the post to be quoted once(anywhere) and the quote button appears at the bottom right of the post, doing this on my post gives me edit and quote, to post pics from the droid i have to switch to full version(button at bottom), in full version the edit and quote buttons work, to exit full version the mobile version button is bottom left
  • KennyP and shorty have said thanks

#19 Joker on Jack OFFLINE  

Joker on Jack
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 01, 2018 - 08:41 PM

I'm on a droid, i tap the post to be quoted once(anywhere) and the quote button appears at the bottom right of the post, doing this on my post gives me edit and quote, to post pics from the droid i have to switch to full version(button at bottom), in full version the edit and quote buttons work, to exit full version the mobile version button is bottom left

ok I think I got it. I'm on the phone now, which is also a droid
  • KennyP and jimmy G have said thanks

#20 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,110 Thanks
  • 46,756 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for the help. I only use a puter, so I have no clue what is seen from a phone.

• jimmy G said thank you

#21 Joker on Jack OFFLINE  

Joker on Jack
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 10:35 AM

Ok, a couple more tractors... On the right is a 1964(I was told) Allis Chalmers B10, Briggs powered, wearing what I believe are incorrect colors for this particular tractor. Has been sitting for quite some time. It ran when I got it, but is stuck in gear. Haven't fooled around with it at all until this year. No deck with this one, but it did come along with a snow plow as part of the deal, but I'm not sure the plow is correct either. This tractor used to pull in stock classes, so it has a homemade adjustable hitch the previous owner made. This is one I'm looking to restore and maybe take to meets and whatnot. But don't worry, it will still see active duty when that day comes.

The tractor on the left probably means more to me than all the others. 1976 Montgomery Ward Variable 16, single cyl. briggs. No attachments with this one yet. Ive had this tractor since I was 6 or 7 years old. I ran the wheels off this thing around the yard as a kid, right up until something happened that made it lose spark, and I lost interest, so its been sitting for a number of years. Many good memories with my grandfather were made with this little tractor. So this one will be restored and used around the home. I have pics of a Gilson I had originally bought for parts for the Montgomery ward, but now I am indecisive as to what to do with it. If I cant find the pics ill go out and take some.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170817_190340.jpg

• KennyP and jimmy G have said thanks

#22 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 805 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 11:43 AM

Ive had this tractor since I was 6 or 7 years old. Many good memories with my grandfather were made with this little tractor.

really like this, i also have a little old iron from my grandad that is priceless, see if the A/C has a 9hp, if so it could be a big 10

#23 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 805 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the help. I only use a puter, so I have no clue what is seen from a phone.

high praise from one who helps so many, your bar is so high i can only learn and fallow

#24 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • Member No: 57577
  • 99 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 12:08 PM

Looks like your Allis B10 has the optional hydraulic lift option.  The first garden tractor I owned was an Allis Big 10, and it also had the hydraulic lift on it.  I cleaned it up a bit and had it for nine years or so, got the bug for a hydro, so I sold the Allis and bought a John Deere 140.  I must admit that the Allis mowed nicer and blew snow farther than the 140 did.  Anyway, I think that hydraulic lift is a rare option on those, at least I don't see them much.  Good rigs, thanks for sharing.

Doug

#25 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • 99 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 12:18 PM

Like Columbo always says, "one more thing about that Allis", it looks like somebody was converting that to a "patio" B10!! :D

#26 Joker on Jack OFFLINE  

Joker on Jack
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 05:21 PM

really like this, i also have a little old iron from my grandad that is priceless, see if the A/C has a 9hp, if so it could be a big 10

Now I am certainly no allis guru, and I havent looked the engine numbers up through briggs yet, but I do know it's been (badly) resprayed with what I believe are incorrect colors, and I know it says B10 in the grille.

#27 Joker on Jack OFFLINE  

Joker on Jack
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 05:29 PM

Looks like your Allis B10 has the optional hydraulic lift option. The first garden tractor I owned was an Allis Big 10, and it also had the hydraulic lift on it. I cleaned it up a bit and had it for nine years or so, got the bug for a hydro, so I sold the Allis and bought a John Deere 140. I must admit that the Allis mowed nicer and blew snow farther than the 140 did. Anyway, I think that hydraulic lift is a rare option on those, at least I don't see them much. Good rigs, thanks for sharing.

Doug

Yes it does have the hydraulic lift. I'm not sure if it's complete or not though... I don't know nearly as much about any of these little machines as I'd like to. But I plan to change that. I have been doing a little research into the gilson/wards and the wheel horse, but haven't really delved into allis chalmers lore yet. Only reason I bought it was because Im 99% sure the transaxle being stuck is a simple fix, and it was an allis, and I got it for 75 bucks.

#28 Joker on Jack OFFLINE  

Joker on Jack
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 05:34 PM

Oh I forgot, what is the difference between a B10 and a Big 10? ...If there is one. And what would the model be if it was a 9 hp, a B9 perhaps? I know I'm showing exactly how much I know about the ac's haha, just wondering if it's not the model I thought it was...

#29 Joker on Jack OFFLINE  

Joker on Jack
  • 36 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 06:55 PM

Ok, if what I've been reading is correct, i think I have a "late B10", identified by the grille itself, and the badging on the grille, and a black engine. And I believe the tractor should not be orange and white, but rather a pale mustardish yellow

#30 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • 99 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted January 02, 2018 - 08:49 PM

I don't know the difference between the B10 and the Big10.  I think the Big10 was limited production, 1, maybe 2 years.  I'm not sure which one came first.