Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Got to play with the 1250 and the snow blower!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 5,045 Thanks
  • 5,613 posts

Posted December 27, 2017 - 09:26 PM

Photos plus video from the first and second times I got to blow snow this year.

Feel free to subscribe to my Youtube!

hfhfhkdvfsd 010.jpg  hjkghjjjkg 001.jpg  hjkghjjjkg 002.jpg  hjkghjjjkg 003.jpg

Edited by wilberj, December 27, 2017 - 09:28 PM.

• Bolens 1000, jms180, blackjackjakexxix and 13 others have said thanks

#2 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 540 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted December 27, 2017 - 09:33 PM

That's cool, I wish we got enough snow to justify having a blower.
  • wilberj and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#3 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,729 Thanks
  • 929 posts

Posted December 28, 2017 - 02:41 AM

Looks like fun! :thumbs:

Nothing like looking over the hood of a large frame while moving snow.

• wilberj and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 15,270 Thanks
  • 18,229 posts

Posted December 28, 2017 - 08:23 AM

Looks like fun to me!

• wilberj said thank you

#5 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 1,616 Thanks
  • 1,618 posts

Posted December 28, 2017 - 09:31 AM

nice thanks for sharing

• wilberj said thank you

#6 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,419 Thanks
  • 801 posts

Posted December 29, 2017 - 04:27 AM

Jerome, How much snow have you tackled with the 1250? They commonly say the 1250 is under powered for a large frame.... So does it handle a large snowfall well?? I have a 1250 but no snow removal attachments for the LF tractors. I was wondering if it be worth the money and trouble to chase down a plow or blower for the 1250 because I have a few other options for snow removal already in my line up. With this cold snap were having and snow consistently falling and forecasted I'm thinking I better be more prepared than I was this year! If my subcompact goes down for any reason I'd be screwed! I could just hear my wife now If I had a break down and I couldn't clean the driveway out when I own 15+ tractors! LOL. We've been spoiled I guess the last several years with mild winters and minimal snow fall so now winter is here, and I think its trying to make up for all we've missed out on!  I really want to setup one tractor with a plow for minimal snowfall situations, and another with a blower incase the subcompact goes down... I have several tube frame plows and a blower. I have my 1256 with the 18hp briggs twin swapped into it that maybe good for a blower or plow, but as you know the blower is only single stage which worries me with the heavy wet crap we get a lot, and are the tube frames heavy enough to push 6" of the wet crap good enough??  I also have a 1700 and 1900 and a 2 stage and a single stage for them, so I'm thinking the 2 stage on one of them would be a better option. Maybe the 1250 would be the best setup with a plow?? All I know is next year I need to be more prepared! LOL!  

• Bolens 1000, wilberj and Doug E. have said thanks

#7 firedudetl1 ONLINE  

firedudetl1
  • Member No: 85281
  • 192 Thanks
  • 144 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 08:14 AM

I had a MF 1600 with a single stage snow blower that handled a lot of storms for me - I now use an 89 GMC K2500 with a 1995 7 1/2 ft Fisher plow for driveways and  one of the 3 Ariens snow blowers for sidewalks - the MF with the thrower made life easier in terms of putting the snow someplace other than the driveway - I'd go for the snow thrower.....

• wilberj said thank you

#8 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 5,045 Thanks
  • 5,613 posts

Posted December 31, 2017 - 01:05 AM

Jerome, How much snow have you tackled with the 1250? They commonly say the 1250 is under powered for a large frame.... So does it handle a large snowfall well?? I have a 1250 but no snow removal attachments for the LF tractors. I was wondering if it be worth the money and trouble to chase down a plow or blower for the 1250 because I have a few other options for snow removal already in my line up. With this cold snap were having and snow consistently falling and forecasted I'm thinking I better be more prepared than I was this year! If my subcompact goes down for any reason I'd be screwed! I could just hear my wife now If I had a break down and I couldn't clean the driveway out when I own 15+ tractors! LOL. We've been spoiled I guess the last several years with mild winters and minimal snow fall so now winter is here, and I think its trying to make up for all we've missed out on!  I really want to setup one tractor with a plow for minimal snowfall situations, and another with a blower incase the subcompact goes down... I have several tube frame plows and a blower. I have my 1256 with the 18hp briggs twin swapped into it that maybe good for a blower or plow, but as you know the blower is only single stage which worries me with the heavy wet crap we get a lot, and are the tube frames heavy enough to push 6" of the wet crap good enough??  I also have a 1700 and 1900 and a 2 stage and a single stage for them, so I'm thinking the 2 stage on one of them would be a better option. Maybe the 1250 would be the best setup with a plow?? All I know is next year I need to be more prepared! LOL!  

It dont like wet snow as it clogs a lot and it dont like packed snow that is real deep.  I really need to fix the gov and throttle problem on it to give a better answer.  It dont have the power it should right now.     But if you know how to use it and dont force it she will get the job done.    Wet snow use a plow.  Nice powder any blower loves that.  

#9 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,419 Thanks
  • 801 posts

Posted January 01, 2018 - 01:29 PM

Ok. I want to make sure my 1250 is fully functional 1st then search for snow removal stuff. Someday I hope to have an 1886, so if I get a blower and blade I can use them in the future.
  • wilberj said thank you