lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 2,072 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 08:33 PM

A guy about 50 miles away had a 37a snow thrower on Craigslist for over a month for $125

Call him today and went over to look at it.  It is in good shape, so we loaded it on my pickup.

Handed him $130.  He did not have a five, so he gave me a tie rod with axles on it and a front mounting bracket from a snow thrower he junked out,

We talked for a while and he said that I bought several parts off him years ago.  He said that he moved to this place a couple years ago.  He was 50 miles south of me, now he is 50 miles west of me. Closer to his wife's parents.

He showed me around his place.   He has over 5 acres of ground now and is very happy there.  No neighbors for a 1/4 mile, so no neighbor to fight with.  He now have over 5 round fender 110,  a larger garden tractor with a loader, a few few large tractors and few garden tractor that are in pieces for parts.

I will be going to check it over and clean it up.  All in all it is in good shape.  The skid shoes almost look like new.  Need to check over the chain and gears, auger turn is easy to turn and no noises, no cracks in the auger.  only one shear bolt was removed.  no cutting bar on the side, which are easy to make.  Will mount it on a 212 that I am trying to sell.  I have made several lift rods and pivot plates in the past,  need to get one on the 212 and try it out.

deere snow thrower.jpg

• KennyP, CRFarnsworth, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 hdg4400 ONLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6945
  • 284 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted December 24, 2017 - 11:11 AM

Nice score, Lyall:

Looks a lot like one I had on my first GT, a round fender 110.

Harlan

• lyall said thank you