2 replies to this topic

#1 71mustangman OFFLINE  

71mustangman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 86696
  • 54 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted December 21, 2017 - 01:14 AM

I have a gt 20 read an article on the internet concerning a locking rear end made by sparten. fits a dana 30.  Would like to further investigate this locking rear end option?. I have been trying to locate any extra information concerning the overhaul and repair of the dana rear end and sunstrand hydro. (I know the ariens repair manual has some info concerning both items)  What type of rear end is in the ariens  I found these numbers on the rear end 815224x/a20aa100 . I found these numbers on hydro 90-1266 ccw a-89-41-13816. What model is the dana rear end and what model is sunstrand hydro? Thanks mustangman

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 5,291 Thanks
  • 5,171 posts

Posted December 21, 2017 - 05:32 AM

I found an article over in the Yahoo group about a guy installing a locker. If I remember right, about 8 hours to install. It instantly went on the wishlist. I don't remember the brand, I am thinking it was a after market off-road jeep. Your first number should be the Dana number and the second is the Sunstrand.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,313 Thanks
  • 3,025 posts

Posted December 21, 2017 - 08:32 AM

I think that member Wm Mcnett here on the forum did just what you are talking about. Look back a few posts I don't think it is that far buried down the list.
  • Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks