#16 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 5,759 Thanks
  • 5,383 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 07:19 PM

While you are adjusting, check the linkage for wear. Any worn spots will give creeping.

#17 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 5,759 Thanks
  • 5,383 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 10:17 PM

I have never owned a Hydrostat tractor before.. Not going to do the job like this Ariens. I was a huge Bolens and Cub Cadet person till I got this one.

Dad has a S-14 that he bought new in the early 70's. Growing up and learning to drive with that one spoiled me. I always thought anything smaller was a glorified mower. Then I came here and found out they are called tractors also.

#18 Caminokid OFFLINE  

Caminokid
  • Member No: 89144
  • 25 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted December 20, 2017 - 12:54 AM

Dad has a S-14 that he bought new in the early 70's. Growing up and learning to drive with that one spoiled me. I always thought anything smaller was a glorified mower. Then I came here and found out they are called tractors also.

I grew up on a farm. The first garden tractor I remember us having I was about 5. It was a John Deere. I dont remember what model it was. I remember dad putting me on it to mow the lawn. I remember taking out the swing set with it. Flattened it. Then there was a Cub Cadet. After that was a Bolens G-14. Loved that thing. I thought that hood scoop was the coolest thing. I had a Bolens commercial mower that pivoted in the middle and had the deck out front for a little while in the 80's. I think it was made in the late 60's early 70's. Now I am in full swing of getting more of these bigger tractors. These one made in the last 25 years seem to be flimsy. Just not that well built. So my target on getting more is going to have to be 35+ years. Love to find a Bolens G-14 with the Wisconsin engine in it.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#19 71mustangman OFFLINE  

71mustangman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 86696
  • 59 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted December 20, 2017 - 01:46 AM

I had my disc brakes relined at all friction in Portland ct

Edited by 71mustangman, December 20, 2017 - 01:53 AM.