Help installing Mower belt on Case Ingersoll XC210 garden tractor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tim OFFLINE  

• Member No: 171
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 05:45 AM

Hi, I'm new to this site and new to owning a garden tractor. I recently purchased a Case Ingersoll XC210 garden tractor. While mowing, a stick got caught in the deck belt and it broke. I bought a new belt yesterday, but not sure how to install it. Do you have any ideas about where can I get a manual or ask someone for step by step directions on how to install the belt. The deck has two blades. I'm at my wits end - since I've been search for literally hours to find out how to accomplish this.

Thank you for any ideas.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 06:19 AM

Hi Tim, welcome to GTtalk. I moved your post to the Case forum. You will be able to get more help with it being a new thread and can stay on topic. Can you take a pic of the top of the mower deck and post it and we can draw a line on how the belt would be run. If not can you describe in a little more detail on where the tensioner pulley is? I am sure some of the other guys will be able to help too.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 12:57 PM

:welcometogttalk:Tim, glad to have you here.

#4 Tim OFFLINE  

• Member No: 171
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 24, 2010 - 05:10 AM

I need help putting on the drive belt - not mower deck

#5 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted May 24, 2010 - 06:32 AM

Brian Hildreth is a Dealer and can supply you with the requisite manuals and parts. I am sure he can explain how to install the drive belt. He has helped numerous Case owners and will help you as well. Call him at 734-649-1781. He has a day job, so I would suggest a call this evening. Jack

#6 hydriv OFFLINE  

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 24, 2010 - 08:11 AM

I wish that I could help you with your problem but I can't. The reason is simple. Your XC is not a garden tractor and that series is rarely discussed on any Case or Ingersoll forum due to its lack of popularity. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with the XC models nor should you construe what I am saying as somehow being against what you have. I cannot even send you to the Ingersoll website to obtain a parts manual for this model because there is no mention of this series there. Further, it does show up on the list of models, serial numbers and dates of manufacture that all forums rely on.

As Jack stated, your best bet is to contact Brian and let him check with Ingersoll on your behalf. Case and Ingersoll both made lawn tractors and yard tractors like the one you have but they subbed out the manufacturing work to another company. However, they were still made with quality in mind and the design came from Winneconne. I urge you to obtain the Operator's Manual for the tractor, the Operator's Manual for the deck and the parts manuals for both if you intend to keep this tractor. It's a small investment that will pay off down the road for you because those books will take much of the mystery out of owning and operating this tractor.