#16 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 08:48 PM

As for your Roto Stick, the engine is a AH-47 or AH-58 Power Products, as far as i know the coil and points can still be ordered from Sears with the model no. but the parts no. will come back as Tecumseh, that is because Tecumseh bought out Power Products AH line. I f you give me the model no. i will be able to halp you further, it will start with 917 no.
  • junker said thank you

#17 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Bump,...

#18 junker OFFLINE  

junker
  • Member No: 8973
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Thank you so much for that clutch information. I FINALLY see how it works. I will try to assemble it this weekend. I will probably have more questions and I greatly appreciate your advice. Jim

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 10:08 PM

By all mean Jim, ask away, we will be here, i look farward to seeing your DB Super Power.

Your drive belt is 1/2 '' x 40 ''.

Edited by trowel, March 16, 2012 - 10:11 PM.

• junker said thank you

#20 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:50 AM

My 57560 has 9 balls in it.

#21 junker OFFLINE  

junker
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 05:48 PM

As you know that cast iron is fairly soft and the bearings made their own groove in the back of the inner hub Apparently there was no thrust washer in it. On my donar somebody welded the washer to the sliding collar. I think , thanks to your help, I have it right. Also my ROTO STICK is 917.60706. My latest project is not GT related but really neat. If you would like to hear about it let me know. Thanks again Jim

#22 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 10:26 PM

Jim, my latest projest was not GT related too, a Military Genset, waayyyyy off from anything related to GTs so yes, we would like to see your project.
  • junker said thank you

#23 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 10:34 PM

We would love to see and hear about your other project! I am glad Jesse has been helping you out, he is a Pro at DB"s :thumbs:
  • trowel and junker have said thanks

#24 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:15 PM

yes by all means post your latest project in the catagory it best fits with. If you get it in the wrong place ,a helpful moderator will come along and help it find its way to the correct place.
  • junker said thank you

#25 junker OFFLINE  

junker
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 09:04 AM

When I got my clutch back together I found one bearing on the floor. Do you think when we see 10 or 9 bearings that they were all 11 and some just got lost over the years? I don't see why it wouldn't work with the 10 balls??? Jim

#26 junker OFFLINE  

junker
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 09:18 AM

I know this isn't GT related but it is really neat, with long handles. It is a 10 ton cable winch made by Gilson Bros. of Wisconsin. It is powered by a BKN Wisconsin 7 HP engine with external ignition. The book shows the engine was introduced in 1955. I haven't found any serial numbers on the winch but I would think it was all mid 1950's??

#27 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 06:45 PM

When I got my clutch back together I found one bearing on the floor. Do you think when we see 10 or 9 bearings that they were all 11 and some just got lost over the years? I don't see why it wouldn't work with the 10 balls??? Jim

Jim, i lost track of you, sorry about that, work hours is crazy, my uncle put something like 14 balls into one and the DB still works, 10 will work fine, lol , the manuals were not avalable at the time, yours can take the 11 balls unless the clutch has been changed into the older spring loaded one, a picture will help out a lot.
I would love to see your cable winch, i would gess mid 50's too but winnie continued that BNK engine for many years so it couls of been th 60's, i really like thos BNKs, very good engines but watch out for the spark, thoses will light you up like a light bulb if you grab it while cranking it.
  • junker said thank you

#28 junker OFFLINE  

junker
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 09:17 PM

I had no spark at first but I took the mag out and cleaned it. I now agree it will really give you a jolt. I wonder why they went with an external mag on a new engine design when they already had the inside the flywheel ignition? Do you think that they thought it was more dependable? Anyway I have it fairly well cleaned up. I will paint it back to the machinery gray that it was. With the shiny mag and carb I hope it will look good. I will have pictures soon. Thank you again, I now have the clutch together. I got a short flat bar and drilled 2 holes and put in 5/16 bolts to use as a clutch wrench. It seems to work good. Jimj

#29 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 09:49 PM

That is good to hear Jim, i forgot about the wench, my uncle has a homemade one too, we may go digging for it soon if the clutch on my 104 don't free up.
The Fairbanks and Morse mag was used on a lot of different engines, including hit~n~miss engines, were the mag came from in the first place, it was plentifull, cheap and easy to manintain.
Now for a history lesson, Continental Motor Corps owned Wisconsin and Gray Marine Engine, your BNK more or less is a Continental upright horizontal shaft engine, Continental acquired Wisconsin Motor Corps in 1943, a internal cumbution liquid-cooled engine Mfg, Wisconsin, Continental bought controlling intrerest into Wisconsin Motor Corps keeping them afloat,
Eventually Continental phased out the liquid-cooled engines and the Winnies we know and love was born.
Your BNK was designed by Continental engineers under a Jack Reese for post-war markets.
Winnies were industrial air-cooled engines with up to if not more then 1,200 hour life before any major overhaul was needed, some winnies has been overhauled twice in it's lifespand and bored to 40 over size with updated inturnals, mostly military winnies.
They are good engines, built to last.
  • junker said thank you

#30 junker OFFLINE  

junker
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 08:42 AM

In 2001 between Sept 11 and Halloween I built a homemade oil well pump on a flat trailer. My walking beam was an aluminum I beam 6 foot long. It has a 1948 Windmill brand gearbox and is powered with a 1937 Model G 1.5 HP John Deere Hit and Miss engine. It has a compensating head and the plumbing is all pvc. It has a gauge that I took the glass out and reset the needle to show 80 pounds. I have a sign on each side that says "American Energy, American Industry, Support America." I put it in our big Halloween parade that year. Of course in rememberance of the twin towers. I pulled it with my model TA 1928 Ford. It was the most popular entrant in the parade. It has gotten to the point I need to redo it. I hope to have pictures soon. TOO MANY PROJECTS. Jim