• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Mncdriver OFFLINE  

Mncdriver
  • Member No: 88944
  • 30 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 29, 2018 - 08:41 PM

Ok, so as Dayton_King said, I moved the engine back in the machine.  Now, with the retainers adjusted to what I think is correct, the engine is about an 1/16th of an inch further back than where it was originally.  Clutch function now stops the belt and I can get it in gear.  When I release the clutch, no matter how much throttle the engine has, or how slow it is released, the belt grabs so hard that I launch forward pulling the front wheels off the ground.  For this to be such a simple belt routing and function, I am beating my head against the wall trying to figure this out.  There is no way this tractor should behave like this, it should be a smooth transition form standing still to a forward motion.  What am I missing here, what am I doing wrong?

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#32 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,874 Thanks
  • 47,091 posts

Posted January 30, 2018 - 06:21 AM

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, the belt is just grabbing hold real good. The old Murray I got running last year does the same thing.

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#33 Mncdriver OFFLINE  

Mncdriver
  • Member No: 88944
  • 30 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 31, 2018 - 06:52 PM

Thinking that this Saturday I will be driving Jake around, starting and stopping to see if it helps.

• KennyP said thank you