Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Micro-backhoe attached via Cat. 0, 3 point hitch?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 5,242 posts

Posted December 14, 2017 - 10:25 PM

It isn't often that you get near unanimous consensus on a topic in an internet forum!

As I said in the beginning of my post, I'm just doing the scholarship around the idea. A backhoe would be handy, but I agree that for the time I have to use one, and the overall number of projects I have, I might be better off renting a mini excavator. My struggle always seems that I only have 1-2 hours before the wife or kid need my attention, so having the tools at my disposal at any moment tends to be helpful.

I see pics of garden tractors with backhoes but wanted to know if this is one of those situations where just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I did see someone, somewhere had a Power King that was built out as a TLB but the frame was reinforced (6" box frame rails) and the backhoe was hard-mounted to the frame. I asked for info but the poster didn't seem to be active anymore. I wanted to know if they made the mod to an existing, assembled tractor, or did they create a new, beefier frame and swap the mechanicals over from an existing tractor.

The power King you saw was a terramite. I will post some pictures and manuals for them tomorrow.
  • Cvans said thank you