• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 02, 2011 - 03:38 PM

Had it home by 9 A.M. Once I got it unloaded, it was already 95 under my lean-to shade. Very little wind. Will be out early tomorrow morn. to clear a spot for it. Just too hot for me, as I work all week in AC. Not use to it like I normally am by now. I have everything needed to hook it up and have it running.

Glad to hear you decided on a compressor and got it home. Can't wait to hear how it performs for you.

#17 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 02, 2011 - 09:10 PM

Glad to hear you decided on a compressor and got it home. Can't wait to hear how it performs for you.

Well, I think it's gonna blow! LOL

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 03:24 AM

It will be nice to use air tools again. I have a 3/8" butterfly impact, 1/2" impact, unused DA sander, an angle cut-off/grinder, an old Binks spray gun, and a small touch spray gun. Just didn't have a compressor big enough to run them. I'm sure the DA and angle grinder will give the compressor a work out. Just have to let it rest every so often. I'll probably need a break also. I also have about 200' of air hose. I'll be out there about daylight getting it ready to set in position. I will have to get a filter/dryer for the spray guns. I will NOT install an in line oiler. I just give the impacts/such a shot as I use them.
I may look into a small HVLP spray gun, but that is future. Got to have a place to spray first. I think it's time to down size some of the stuff/junk that is about.

#19 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 06:16 AM

Kenny , let us know how everything works with it , might get me motivated into getting one , Al

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 07:32 AM

Well, I think it's gonna blow! LOL

:bigrofl:

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 07:32 AM

It will be nice to use air tools again. I have a 3/8" butterfly impact, 1/2" impact, unused DA sander, an angle cut-off/grinder, an old Binks spray gun, and a small touch spray gun. Just didn't have a compressor big enough to run them. I'm sure the DA and angle grinder will give the compressor a work out. Just have to let it rest every so often. I'll probably need a break also. I also have about 200' of air hose. I'll be out there about daylight getting it ready to set in position. I will have to get a filter/dryer for the spray guns. I will NOT install an in line oiler. I just give the impacts/such a shot as I use them.
I may look into a small HVLP spray gun, but that is future. Got to have a place to spray first. I think it's time to down size some of the stuff/junk that is about.

Kenny, you posted that at 4:24 am this morning. You must have been like a kid at Christmas waiting to go play :D

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 02:54 PM

No. My usual wake up time is 2:00 A.M. CST. I'm a morning person. That's why you don't see much of me in the evenings.
Got it in and hooked up. Let it run the 1/2 hour break in time. Took it 6 mins to go from zero to 130 psi. Found my shut-off valve was leaking out the side. Not good. Went to Lowes while it bled down and got another. Hooked it all up and she is under pressure. Check it out tomorrow, no signs of leakage right now. 105 in the shade, so time to call it off for the day. Too da**ed hot to mess with out there.

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 05:50 AM

Another tool I forgot I had is an Air-Vac. Takes 90 psi to run it, pulls vacuum on AC units. (Or whatever else you hook it to.) Takes a lot of air though.

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 06:03 AM

Glad you got the leak down fixed. Can't wait to hear how you like it once you use it some.

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 06:07 AM

It is quiet compared to compressors this size I have had before. Going out in a few to play with some things. One plus to rearranging the shed, I have room to put a Tractor out in the middle. Now, if I had a door large enough to get one in.:bigrofl::bigrofl:

#26 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2702
  • 25 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 02:49 PM

Another tool I forgot I had is an Air-Vac. Takes 90 psi to run it, pulls vacuum on AC units. (Or whatever else you hook it to.) Takes a lot of air though.

Those Air-Vacs takes alot of volume to operate, I had one given to me and used it once. It had my Big arse Speed Aire compressor working its butt off. Mine is rated at 23scfm at 120psi, this thing was made for a paint shop. But that damn Air vac made me feel like I had no Air Volume at all even regulated down to 90 psi.

Simple Solution was a 300.00 dollar electric 2 stage 5scfm vacuum pump.

#27 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 05:07 PM

Yeah, I have used it before. Only have one vehicle that I need to pull down right now and I can see if I can do it in increments. Let this new toy rest a little in between. I do have some one I may be able to borrow a real (120 volt) from. Thanks for the info.