• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,692 Thanks
  • 1,289 posts

Posted December 14, 2017 - 12:56 PM

This morning I shoveled another 1-1/2" in the driveway putting our new total for the last few days at 24". And more snow on the way. More snow on the way so in the next couple days I will get the little loader out and make a snowhill for my grandson. My loader has to sit outside so I built a tarp flipper to keep it covered up . It works great. All summer it is under the tarp too out of the weather. I built one for our motorhome a few weeks ago I liked it so much. :smilewink:

Tarp Flipper? Sounds very interesting but you are kinda tight with the pictures and information :D. Don

#17 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,547 Thanks
  • 1,168 posts

Posted December 15, 2017 - 11:03 AM

Just another project , the tarp flippers, nothing fancy just a way to protect the motohome and loader . I just built brackets welded to loader held down by swivels and a tube frame , bolted a tarp to the frame and it just flips to the ground or up over the machine in one motion. Two pins can be removed to detach the frame to use the machine. I don't even like seeing my projects until they are finished and painted so I don't like sharing the early nasty looking process, ha,ha.

Since last Wed. we have now got 31" of snow . I shoveled 2" more this morning. I have hand shoveled my driveway all but one day since last Wed. 6" more in the forecast for tonight. Mostly lake effect fluffy stuff so very easy to move around. But it is almost time to think of taking off the snowblade and attaching the 54" snowblower. :thumbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• snowblower.jpg

#18 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,547 Thanks
  • 1,168 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 05:04 PM

Today I finished shoveling snow off the roof of the back shed and workshop for the second time. Also did part of the garage and house. Now the fun begins taking care of all that snow. Today was the first time I used the little baby loader this winter. It fired right up. When I'm not in the shop I really do like playing in the snow. :wave:

Attached Thumbnails

• roof snow.jpg

• Leonard VanCamp and Cjet69 have said thanks

#19 Cjet69 ONLINE  

Cjet69
  • Member No: 68442
  • 496 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 08:02 PM

Looks like fun. Wish we had a little of that snow.

#20 jimbobbillyray OFFLINE  

jimbobbillyray
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,801 Thanks
  • 2,763 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 12:28 AM

no snow here either... :D

#21 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,547 Thanks
  • 1,168 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 05:38 PM

8 to 12 " more coming this weekend. I finally found time to build some dollies for my 54" snowblower. It is going to be so nice to move it around the front garage by hand when not on the tractor. Should get them done and painted tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails

• dolly.jpg

• Cjet69 said thank you

#22 Cjet69 ONLINE  

Cjet69
  • 496 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 07:13 PM

Sounds like your getting all of the snow this season. We had a dusting of slush today, but nothing that needs a cleanup.

100_8480 (Medium).JPG

#23 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,547 Thanks
  • 1,168 posts

Posted December 20, 2017 - 10:41 AM

This is pretty normal for us , mostly lake effect snow and very little system snow yet. 50" so far, 10" less than last year on this date.

Today I am test fitting some dollies I am making for my 54" snowblower. I'm using the old table supports and wheels. This is going to be so nice, can't believe I never did this before. :wallbanging:

Attached Thumbnails

• dolly 2.jpg

• Leonard VanCamp, 29 Chev and Cjet69 have said thanks

#24 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,547 Thanks
  • 1,168 posts

Posted December 26, 2017 - 07:59 PM

Five inches of snow yesterday and 8 more inches this morning . The little tractor is doing great . I will use the loader and haul these piles out back . Once I run out of room out back then I attach the blower and pile it high everywhere in the front yard. When you get 160" of snow most winters and very little of it melts til April it adds up , ha,ha.

Attached Thumbnails

• plowing.jpg

• gopher and Cjet69 have said thanks

#25 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,547 Thanks
  • 1,168 posts

Posted January 03, 2018 - 09:06 AM

70" of snow and still snowing. Were actually 7" behind last winter at this time. Maybe it will be a mild winter, ha,ha. I just finished shoveling the roofs the third time.

Almost all lake effect snow so still easy to move around. Still have needed the snowblower yet, but I did use the loader to move the snowpiles out back a second time. :thumbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• aaaloader7.jpg

#26 Bigdaddydon OFFLINE  

Bigdaddydon

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1755
  • 76 Thanks
  • 232 posts

Posted January 03, 2018 - 05:08 PM

Hi Don,  I love seeing all your projects.  I lived in Gaylord for a year back in the 90's.  What a great little town. I found a new respect and love of snow.  That's how I remember it, shoveling the driveway every day for a month before for I headed off to work.  Now I'm back in Missouri and miss all that snow.

#27 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,547 Thanks
  • 1,168 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 09:20 AM

Gaylord is a nice little town , we sure get snow . We have only got 77" so far this winter compared to a year ago today we had 116" . So it could be a mild winter with just 130 " total. After 35 years the snow is no big deal . 5" or 15" of fresh snow, usually by noon everything is back to normal. Even little old ladys have snowblowers and plows on their trucks, ha,ha. The worse thing is shoveling the roofs. Many people do not shovel them but I like to after 15" or more.

#28 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 13,019 Thanks
  • 9,648 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Looks like fun. Wish we had a little of that snow.

For those of you that aren't getting any of the white, I offer you this; 

• CRFarnsworth, Leonard VanCamp and Cjet69 have said thanks

#29 Cjet69 ONLINE  

Cjet69
  • 496 Thanks
  • 293 posts

Posted January 13, 2018 - 01:27 PM

Great video,LilysDad
  • LilysDad said thank you

#30 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell