• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Harrydf1 OFFLINE  

Harrydf1
  • Member No: 89029
  • 3 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 03:47 PM

Just purchased a 1980 1616 Front End Loader Power King. Runs great! Slowly learning how to become a adequqte loader operator. Any tips? Can't seem to get a full bucket out of dirt pile. It also has teeth on front edge, is there any advantage to leaving them on? 

• tiretrx, oldedeeres and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#2 Leonard VanCamp OFFLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 422 Thanks
  • 345 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 04:15 PM

How much does the bucket roll back? If it does then roll it back as you go into the pile. Another thing you can try is to slowly lift the bucket after the bucket is in the pile. If the pile is anything but loose material(stone, etc) then the teeth do help.

Edited by Leonard VanCamp, December 07, 2017 - 04:17 PM.

• boyscout862 and Genem have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,508 Thanks
  • 44,965 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 04:21 PM

Gotta make sure the bucket is flat on the ground going into the pile. If it's tilted up a little, it won't fill. Have you got good rear traction?

• Genem and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,185 Thanks
  • 8,896 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 07:33 PM

Welcome to GTT. Post some pics. Checl out the Manuals Section. Enjoy the site. Good Luck, Rick

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,503 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 07:46 PM

This narrow dirt bucket? Those had teeth, work better if doing actual digging. The wide buckets are for loose material. I had one that didn't have very good reach and most of material fell out when lifted, not so good. Bottom should have been longer and sides modified. Also, the tilt didn't rock back far enough to hold dirt in, adding to fall out. Not sure if small bucket has same issues, never owned. I feel loader bucket should at least be as wide as front wheels.

Edited by glgrumpy, December 07, 2017 - 07:47 PM.

• Genem said thank you

#6 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 8,721 Thanks
  • 4,482 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 03:38 AM

Welcome aboard. I'd leave the teeth on the bucket. My only experience with the loader is with a big tractor and a six foot wide bucket, loading manure and moving dirt.. Try going into the pile with the bucket flat on the ground until it is full, then raise and tip it back while still pushing against the material to be loaded before you reverse. I don't raise the bucket higher than the front of the tractor hood until I get to the dump zone, ( truck box or whatever)

#7 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 2,154 Thanks
  • 1,193 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 09:38 AM

Welcome to GTT, and congrats on your new PK..................... :wewantpics:

#8 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,837 Thanks
  • 1,281 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 02:27 PM

Hi Harrydf1, welcome to the group and congrats on getting a PK, as for removing the teeth on the loader buct I have mine off most of the time  when getting dirt out of tha plowed field I found mine worked better with the teeth off have not tried it at getting dirt out of a pile as for getting the bucket full I've never gotten mine full but have gotten it full enough that I wouldn't want any more in it as it get very heavy on the front end of the tractor and if not carefull the rear wheels will come off the ground I have wheel wts and the tires a loaded with washer fluid. You could remove the teeth and see how it works for you very simple to do just a few blots to remove and its off. Good luck  and go slow the front axles will break if its loaded and you hit a bump or hole and when moving keep the bucket as low as possible tractors become very unstable with the bucket high when moving.

Edited by MNGB, December 08, 2017 - 02:29 PM.