• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 shaeff ONLINE  

shaeff
  • Member No: 89051
  • 24 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:16 PM

So, to make along story short, my father needed this out of his basement. At one point it belonged to his neighbor (across the street from my parents' house where I grew up), then my grandfather purchased it. When my grandfather passed away in 2001, my father got the machine, used it for many years mowing his lawn. He ended up getting a newer hydro-static mower and this poor thing has been sitting in the basement ever since. It's a 12hp cast iron Kohler, tandem transmissions, 16" rear wheels, and came with the plow blade, single stage snowblower, and the mower deck. The machine also has hydraulics, just replaced the link belt for the pump a few days ago.

I'm amazed at the power this little thing has. My other machine is a '64 MF35 Utility (industrial yellow model with front end loader), 37hp. So to say I'm impressed is an understatement. Double reverse is a monster of a pulling gear, it's pretty incredible!

I'm currently trying to figure out how to attach the snowblower. I've got the mule drive assembly pinned onto the chassis, and I have a long steel bar, probably 3/8" thick with a few bends in it that looks like it should go from the hydraulic link up to the blower assembly for it's lift mechanism. Once I figure out how it all goes together and that I have all the parts I need, I'll pull it all apart, lube it up, and reassemble for winter use.

All I have now for you guys/gals is a single picture, I'll get more this weekend if I get a chance. Been really busy. Anyway, this is a great forum, and if anyone has some pics of the snowblower mounting, I'd really appreciate it!

-Chris

Edit: the serial number is X13853E

Attached Thumbnails

• PowerKing.jpg

Edited by shaeff, December 06, 2017 - 01:19 PM.

• Alc, KennyP, jimbobbillyray and 6 others have said thanks

#2 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,462 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:26 PM

Welcome aboard. Nice looking tractor looks like it was made to work. If you go to the top of this page third tab from the left you will see the manuals tab, click that. On the resulting list click tractors and implements. With a little luck you will find the manuals for your machine and blower. good luck  Don

• KennyP, boyscout862 and shaeff have said thanks

#3 RustyB ONLINE  

RustyB
  • Member No: 82061
  • 101 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:29 PM

Welcome. That looks like a really nice tractor and quite a story on how it traveled through your family to get to you. Did you check our manuals section to see if there is any information on your model?

• boyscout862 and shaeff have said thanks

#4 shaeff ONLINE  

shaeff
  • 24 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:37 PM

Thanks guys! I'm actually browsing the manuals section right now! This place is an amazing resource!

• KennyP, boyscout862, Austen and 1 other said thanks

#5 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 847 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:41 PM

Welcome and nice story and tractor! I'm glad you got it! It's great you have an interest in it to use it. They are definitely capable little tractors! Looking forward to seeing you around board. :thumbs:

#6 shaeff ONLINE  

shaeff
  • 24 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:49 PM

Thanks! I've had an interest in this tractor for quite a while, but the process of digging it out was laborious to say the least! It's already proven to be very useful, great when it's too wet out to use my Massey Ferguson, that thing just sinks into the lawn. At first I thought the PK might only have winter duty for clearing the driveway and mailbox. I also have a 6' blower for the MF in case of a huge storm (like Stella at the beginning of this year!). But the more I tinker with the PK, the more uses I think of for it. The plow/dozer blade will be great for grading out over my leachfield and leveling dirt. The MF is way too heavy to drive over that area. 

Browsed through the manuals section, closest I came to my year is a '66 manual for the machine. It likely shares many parts so I'll probably be ok there. No luck on a manual for the snowblower. I'll continue to search Google, I have a few pics that will get me started.

• boyscout862 and Austen have said thanks

#7 sharkman ONLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 329 Thanks
  • 259 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 02:28 PM

do these help?

Attached Files

Edited by sharkman, December 06, 2017 - 02:29 PM.

• Alc, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,172 Thanks
  • 8,891 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 02:42 PM

Welcome to GTT. As you can see, there are a bunch of helpfull people here. Relax and enjoy the site and your new hobby. Good Luck, Rick
  • shaeff said thank you

#9 shaeff ONLINE  

shaeff
  • 24 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 04:28 PM

do these help?

Yes! Thank you!!

Welcome to GTT. As you can see, there are a bunch of helpfull people here. Relax and enjoy the site and your new hobby. Good Luck, Rick

Right on, loving it already!  :thumbs:

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#10 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,836 Thanks
  • 1,281 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hi schaeff, welcome to the group and congrats on a nice looking Economy PK as you learning they are great tractors, if the rear tires don't have ballast in them you may want to consider ballasting them I did mine with windshield washer fluid it really makes a big difference in traction. I don't have any 1967 manuals but do have some 68 manuals if interested let me know

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,462 Thanks
  • 44,944 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 07:09 PM

:wave:  Welcome to the forum! Lots of great folks here willing to help get you going!

• jimbobbillyray, boyscout862 and shaeff have said thanks

#12 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,083 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:50 PM

WELCOME.

Attached Thumbnails

• zza.jpg

#13 shaeff ONLINE  

shaeff
  • 24 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 01:54 PM

Hi schaeff, welcome to the group and congrats on a nice looking Economy PK as you learning they are great tractors, if the rear tires don't have ballast in them you may want to consider ballasting them I did mine with windshield washer fluid it really makes a big difference in traction. I don't have any 1967 manuals but do have some 68 manuals if interested let me know

Thought I replied to this earlier in the morning. Sure! I've downloaded the '66 manual, mine's a '67, so I'm sure between the 66 and 68 manuals I'll have all the info I need!

I got to looking at the .PDF files on the snowblowers, it looks like mine's a touch different, maybe an older style. The blower itself is very similar but the mule drive on mine looks different. I'll have to grab some pics this weekend. Currently trying to unseize the "clutch" mechanism/pulley for the foot pedal. I'm thinking maybe the .PDFs are from electric clutch models? Need to do more reading, need to find more time in the day!

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#14 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,868 Thanks
  • 1,100 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 05:32 PM

PDFs are from electric clutch models? Need to do more reading, need to find more time in the day!

That happens a lot in this hobby!  Always trying to find more time to have fun!

#15 Ryan313 ONLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,311 Thanks
  • 5,194 posts

Posted December 10, 2017 - 02:23 PM

Congrats on a nice tractor!! Looks like you're not too far from me, I think Germantown is about an hour away. Post some pictures of your blower and I will see what I have, I have tons of manuals and ill be glad to help when I see which blower you have.

When they built these machines, they didn't chance much. The tin changed, but most of the mechanical parts stayed the same. If I remember correctly, any attachment from 1946-1973 will fit your machine, and there were a few blower designs, and yours may or may not be original to the tractor as well.

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks