• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 8,199 Thanks
  • 3,955 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 11:03 AM

tractors. I'm not sure of the number, but was told it was a 220 222 or 224 case. Don't know the year. The pump is located behind the motor, so I was told.

Any information or pictures would be great, and as boyscout862 always says, check the manuals, which I will do.

Noel

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,308 Thanks
  • 1,732 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 11:35 AM

Pumps are available. Usually a good selection on eBay used. New ones are pricey. It's attached to the engine in between the dash tower. 2 hoses connected to it. Probably easiest to just pull the engine to replace.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  • boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,151 Thanks
  • 8,874 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 12:29 PM

Before replacing the pump, properly check the system. Sometimes its the fluid, or a filter, or a valve. The other thing is that if you replace the pump you should drain and flush the system. The only time I had a hydraulic pump go bad, it filled the system with tiny metal particals. I think that there is a Case Hydraulic manul in our Manuals Section. Good Luck, Rick

Here it is; http://gardentractor...est-procedures/ and this one too: http://gardentractor...m-how-it-works/

BTW I hope that I am not obnoxious about "read the manual". As an Eagle Scout and an Army Officer, I found that many problems were caused by people "winging it". I spend alot of time reading manuals and industrial catalogs.

Edited by boyscout862, December 06, 2017 - 12:49 PM.

• dropped82, propane1 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#4 ssmewing OFFLINE  

ssmewing
  • Member No: 53022
  • 47 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 01:02 PM

The model and serial number should be on a tag on the dash tower. That will be what you need to get the year and the correct manual.

Why are you starting with saying it needs a pump?

Parts manuals are available at a parts dealer website. But you need the serial number.
  • boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#5 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • 8,199 Thanks
  • 3,955 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 02:00 PM

This is not my tractor, a fella I know owns it and has figured out the pump is bad and he cant find a replacement. He was telling me about it and I thought I would ask on this site. I was sure I would get some answers and ideas from our members. 

Noel 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • 8,199 Thanks
  • 3,955 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 02:11 PM

Boyscout862, I did not mean any thing bad about my statement, that you always say, read the manual, its great advice. Thank you. As I was writing the article I thought about what you say, thats why I wrote that, and I did go and look at the manuals. I forget about the manuals sometimes while trying to figure stuff. It sunk in this time. Thanks.  Hope I have made some sense in what I just wrote. I'm not the best for explaining things by writing.

Noel

#7 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,151 Thanks
  • 8,874 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 02:38 PM

Boyscout862, I did not mean any thing bad about my statement, that you always say, read the manual, its great advice. Thank you. As I was writing the article I thought about what you say, thats why I wrote that, and I did go and look at the manuals. I forget about the manuals sometimes while trying to figure stuff. It sunk in this time. Thanks.  Hope I have made some sense in what I just wrote. I'm not the best for explaining things by writing.

Noel

Noel, I was flattered that you thought of me. Unfortunately, I don't read people and my son said that I might have been obnoxious when pointing out the manuals. If I was, I wanted to appologize. My son says that I talk too much and write too much on here. I feel that our Manuals Section is the second best resource we have here. The things that we build and the things that we teach are the legacy that will live on after we are gone. Good Luck, Rick

• Rock farmer and propane1 have said thanks