Garden Tractor Forums banner

bolens h16xl tractor, trying to put on a 18311 snow blower , but it wont lift

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bruce Dorsi 
#1 ·
help i hgave a h16xl bolens tractor, trying to reinstall snow blower #18311, but i cant get the unit to lift. it seams that the pto unit #18309 only goes on one way...the shaft that goes from unit has a nut and threads on one end , and a slat on other end that opened for about 2 1/2 inch.

#5 ·
Hi Everyone. So glad I found your site!
... just bought a H16XL, with the 18311 snow thrower and a dozer plow. The man I bought it from was going to use it as a backup for his Cub Cadet tractor, but didn't have any room.
Here is my problem: he didn't really know much about the implements, and I need to remove the snow thrower and put the plow on for some road work.
I get that I have to disconnect the snow thrower frame and the lift arm, and slide the PTO shaft out of the yoke. But, do I have to remove the forward PTO too? I'm guessing that I have to, as otherwise I'll have the u joint flailing all over the place.
I know this sounds pretty stupid, but this is the first tractor I've had since growing up on a farm, and that was a long time ago lol. Thanks for your patience and help.