#16 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,384 Thanks
  • 3,015 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:05 PM

Bought a set of kohler rings from them off of there Ebay store. I wasn't happy with them. They gave me a bunch of there Business cards to but I won't refer them if there selling overpriced junk like that. They sell mostly no name Chinese junk.

Ring gaps were all over the place. .017 compression ring .015 scraper ring and .025 Oil Ring. They were not much better than the ring set I took out of the JD 214.

Ended up buying a decent $100 Ebay rebuild kit. It came will all Stens parts. 

However I have read that the China rip off carbs are pretty decent. They use the same Jets and emulsion tube as the Carter carbs. Same thread pitch and the whole 9 yards.

I can't remember what tractor it was but I put one on a tractor years ago and had to modify the throttle linkage. It would over center and bind up the governor. The new China knock offs look ALOT better. Hard to tell the difference unless you look really close.

Isavetractors has them on Ebay BUT they want $60 for it. You can get the same carb for $16-$20 shipped with the universal choke or for around $40 with the correct Kohler choke.

Isavetractors

https://www.ebay.com...ity!15554!US!-1

Here Same exact thing they sell With the correct choke. $39.99 shipped

https://www.ebay.com...qIAAOSwFnFWAWXR

$18.99 shipped if you want one with the generic universal choke.

https://www.ebay.com...I0AAOSwvzRX15L8

Lots of good reviews on them. I would go for it.  Make sure that you put Loctite on the choke and throttle plate screws (so they don't back out and get eaten by the engine) and reset the float before you put it on. If you decide to get one let us know how it runs. 

Edited by EricFromPa, December 06, 2017 - 09:10 PM.

• Gettysburg150 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#17 Gettysburg150 OFFLINE  

Gettysburg150
  • Member No: 40803
  • 13 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 02:02 PM

You'd think it wouldn't be this hard to find carb parts, maybe I'm missing something.

EricFromPa, the last link you shared is pretty much identical to the one I ordered from amazon.  Overall it looks kinda small compared to the Walbro.  The one I have only has the ball and socket connection on the throttle plate though and no hole for a throttle rod.  Only thing I could figure to try and make it work would be to bend the heck out of the governor (probably not going to do that) or try and bend the adjustable linkage to be at a 90 degree angle (which seems it would be difficult to get a perfect angle and the material is thick so it doesn't want to bend easily)

I'm going to keep looking a bit to try and find some parts for the Walbro, if not I'll try and get one of the closer looking aftermarkets (or a decent rebuild if I stumble across one)

If anyone knows where to find parts for a 1970's k341 engine Walbro, please do share

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,462 Thanks
  • 44,944 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 02:17 PM

Usually, those ball & sockets just unscrew.

• Gettysburg150 said thank you

#19 Gettysburg150 OFFLINE  

Gettysburg150
  • 13 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 02:27 PM

The one I have looks like its pressed but my eyes may have just deceived me.  I'll try and take a whack at that tonight

#20 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,122 Thanks
  • 2,836 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 06:41 PM

You'd think it wouldn't be this hard to find carb parts, maybe I'm missing something

If anyone knows where to find parts for a 1970's k341 engine Walbro, please do share

It isn't. gotta run now, will look in a little bit.

#21 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 1,422 Thanks
  • 1,554 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 07:04 PM

Has anyone made a purchase from "I save tractors" website that lists a bunch of carburetors and parts for the K series? I'm about to place an order for a reproduction #30 carter ( I still think the old walbro is just too far gone with how much stuff I keep finding in it) but I don't know if its a reputable site.

I bought a #30 from them, it works well.....I did have to change the choke shaft to fit my Ford LGT

#22 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,122 Thanks
  • 2,836 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 08:44 PM

ok.. Pat's small engine parts (website psep.biz)

OEM Kohler "for Kohler K and M series engines with Walbro carb"  OEM Kohler  P/N 25 757 11  their price $31.47  OR Stens aftermarket S520350  (forgot to write it down) but price $13-something     That kit comes with about 4 gaskets (you will only use 2) a bowl gasket and a needle/seat... that's it.

If i am gonna buy online I usuallygo there because "most times" they seem to have the best prices on what I need..... not always but by the time you pay shipping from 3 different places, the savings on "that one part" that the other places are cheaper on, gets eaten up by shipping $$$  

I have bought from Jack's before but not much... parts tree seems the highest, never bought there.

#23 Gettysburg150 OFFLINE  

Gettysburg150
  • 13 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted December 08, 2017 - 10:27 AM

Thank you everyone for your tremendous assistance

Dodge trucker thank you especially for your patience in dealing with my searches.  For whatever reason I couldn't get pats site to work, must have some internet connectivity issues here.  You are right, that is the parts kit that I need. 

Again thank you everyone for chiming in, great wealth of knowledge and assistance.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#24 Gettysburg150 OFFLINE  

Gettysburg150
  • 13 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted December 13, 2017 - 04:15 PM

Quick update,

Parts arrived yesterday.  Actually got them from my local factory kohler dealer in a day.  I'll try to update after I get them installed and try to get the carb back into specification.

• Mark 149 J. said thank you