Garden Tractor Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nominations For Tractor of the Month January 2018

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  John Arsenault 
#1 ·
Nice tractor Larry.

#4 ·
Jumpins, I guess all the members on this site, don't have any tractors to enter, they must be all busy doing Christmas stuff. I guess ???

15th already.

Noel

#5 ·
Ok this is my nomination, it's not decorated for Xmas but ???

1974 Avco New Idea EGT200 ready and waiting for a snowy Xmas day.

I have 2 of them, this one is mostly original and fully functional, has a factory 38" snow thrower with optional wings that is powered by it's own 2-1/2hp motor, a factory weight box with 250 lbs of suitcase weights in it and wheel weights mounted on the original turf tires. I have only tried this a few times in the snow and it does seem to work. I have 1 video of it with the snow thrower in action.

They only made 250 of these tractors in 1974, the EGT stands for "Electric Garden Tractor" , they run on 6 x 6volt golf cart batteries, 36volt system, have a 1.2 hp drive motor, with a Peerless 2300 4sp transaxle that has no revers gear The foot operated speed control has 7 motor speeds to choose from, with a cruise control position that puts the tractor in the most efficient mode. To go backwards you flip a switch and the motor spins in reverse, can go backwards in all 4 gears. Tractor has seat and brake safety switch's. The PTO is a solenoid with a heavy cord as all powered attachments have there own drive motor.

I like this thing because it's different and it seems to do the job.

It is a survivor and is 43yrs old, if it shorts out when using it on a wet Xmas day it might light itself up like a Xmas tree, ??? unlikely that will happen.
I like the openness of the floor board area, looks very comfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.