17 replies to this topic

#16 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,243 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 06:26 AM

When I lived in an apartment I bought a 50cc dirtbike for my nephew. I needed to work on it so I bought a runner rug and worked on it in the living room of our apartment. When it was done it sat in the living room because it was winter. My wife(Girlfriend at the time) didn't mind it really... Well that was until one night I had a few too many wobbly pops and decided to ride it from the recliner to the fridge to get myself another Beer!!! It then got moved to my Dads garage till spring!

Now I own a house and the garages are full. Our daily drivers have never been parked inside, so my wife is used to it being that way. My dream is to someday buy or build a house with a walk out basement. I want the whole basement to be made into "The man cave" with a garage door installed so I can line up all my toys/tractors around the outside walls of the basement and enjoy them all year round! Ahhhh,, Someday!!!! Maybe....

• KennyP and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#17 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 958 Thanks
  • 746 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 08:22 AM

When my #2 wife and I split I rented a 2 room apartment and I always put my motorcycle in the living room.

77Kaw_edited.jpg   1980Kaw_edited.jpg

#18 broken arrow ONLINE  

broken arrow
  • Member No: 71972
  • 49 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 07, 2017 - 11:01 AM

The first living quarters that my wife and I had was a rented ground floor apartment.

The front door opened into the kitchen.

I built a ramp up to that door and we stored our 81 Harley AND a 91 Buell in there for the 5 years that we lived there.

We still had room to cook in the kitchen and my loving wife had no problem eating our meals in the living room.