3 replies to this topic

#1 tmlesko ONLINE  

tmlesko
  • Member No: 89023
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 02, 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hi all,
Long time Bolens owner but just found this list, looks great! I have what was originally an H11XL that I converted to a 16 hp Vanguard V-Twin almost 30 years ago, just re-powered to a new 18 hp. I have an aftermarket plow that pivots from the rear so the hydraulic lift for the mower deck will only lift it (center draw bar) until the bar contacts the front frame. If I find a Bolens plow blade, can I use the same hydraulic lift that I have for the mower deck to lift the plow? If so, what is the mechanism? Does it use the parts for the hand lifter (which I don't think I have)?

Thanks,
Happy to be here!
Tom L.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,172 Thanks
  • 8,892 posts

Posted December 02, 2017 - 04:46 PM

Welcome to GTT. I can not answer your questions but you can probably find the answers in our Manuals Section where you can download 3 documents for free per day. There is a list of Bolens attachment and which tractors they will fit somewhere in the Bolens section. Good Luck, Rick

#3 nsengineer OFFLINE  

nsengineer
  • Member No: 86754
  • 93 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted December 04, 2017 - 07:46 PM

Go into the manuals section of this sight and look under tractors/impliments.  Then pick the medium frame XL , then the 18305 snow plow.  You will find that there is a lift bar that attaches to a different portion of the rockshaft assy.  The lift portion you are using is just for the mower deck lift only.  It will show you the the push bar assy and the lift bar.

#4 tmlesko ONLINE  

tmlesko
  • Member No: 89023
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 05, 2017 - 03:08 PM

Thanks! I am also looking to install a bucket/loader, a friend has a "Johnson" brand that I am going to look at.

Tom L.