#1 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 4,323 Thanks
  • 2,696 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 10:19 PM

My day didn't go as intended, but still got most of it done. I took a look at CL this morning before breakfast & found an 8' cultipacker about a hundred miles away I though was as reasonable as they get. Waited til nearly 8 am before calling about it, he still had it & would be there this morning! Made a trip to the bank for cash, hooked up the 10' trailer & headed south a little after 9. Loaded up & headed back just after 11, stopped for dinner at KFC on the way. Took it to the farm & rolled it off the trailer:  Farm 2017 235.JPG   Got home just past 2:30 & loaded up the 314 & Gator for some work at the farm over the next couple of days.

• Gtractor, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 13,558 Thanks
  • 9,432 posts

Posted December 01, 2017 - 12:32 AM

That looks in nice shape. I've never seen one of those before. If you get to use it, please post picks of the ground before and after. Good Luck, Rick

• grnspot110, hamman, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Deerefarmer41 OFFLINE  

Deerefarmer41
  • Member No: 10761
  • 111 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted December 01, 2017 - 01:40 AM

Have an eight foot like that, use it quite often. Mine also has two, two foot sections that can be hitched to the back, gives almost 12 foot of coverage, with the overlap figured in. Also can pull the smaller section alone. Use it that way, say if new lawn is planted, put the seed down and the run the packer over the ground. Use one of the garden tractors when using a small section.
  • grnspot110, Alc, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 11,380 Thanks
  • 7,121 posts

Posted December 01, 2017 - 04:57 PM

Most of them went to the scrapers when scrap was sky high.  Don't see any around any more.  Had one on the farm like Deerefarmer41 described.  A real beast to move the wings in or out in soft ground.  My neighbor has one about 3 times that big with hydraulic wings.  Uses it after drilling in new seeding for next years hay.  Makes a nice smooth field, as long as the pocket gophers stay out.

• grnspot110, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#5 jimbobbillyray OFFLINE  

jimbobbillyray
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 3,186 Thanks
  • 2,942 posts

Posted December 01, 2017 - 08:51 PM

I saw that on cl....nice unit! I bought a old Brillion 4' cultipacker section a couple years ago, I use if for food plots towing it behind my j d 420. I used to drag a section of chain link fence to set seed, but the cultipacker does a much better job and doesn't move seed like the chain link did

Edited by jimbobbillyray, December 02, 2017 - 09:04 AM.

• grnspot110, KennyP and MNGB have said thanks

#6 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 2,628 Thanks
  • 1,573 posts

Posted December 01, 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hi grnspot 110, that's a good looking packer I've been watching CL here in MN for a couple of yrs but there always priced much higher than what I'd pay so what did it cost I curious maybe I'm to cheap.

• grnspot110 and KennyP have said thanks

#7 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 4,323 Thanks
  • 2,696 posts

Posted December 02, 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hi grnspot 110, that's a good looking packer I've been watching CL here in MN for a couple of yrs but there always priced much higher than what I'd pay so what did it cost I curious maybe I'm to cheap.

This one was priced at $545!

I added a 2" ball hitch coupler yesterday so I don't have to take the ball off my drawbar to use it.  Had the used coupler on hand anyway!

• KennyP, jimbobbillyray and MNGB have said thanks